Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS library needed - OnDemand Enterprise Miner?

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS library needed - OnDemand Enterprise Miner?

I am going through the Enterprise Miner course and in chapter 2, it discusses creating a SAS library.  I am using Enterprise Miner On Demand. 

Following the steps to create the Library, the path shown is to a local folder that would be on my computer.  In my case, since I am using OnDemand, I am not able to follow along since I am not able to access my local computer.  

Continuing on in the course, when I go on to specifying my actual source data,  I access it using the "Metadata repository" | Shared Data | Libraries | AEM | Pva97nk file.

Thus if I am using the online data, do I need to worry about libraries unless I create one to upload any additional data from my own computer? 

I could be missing something, but to me "Library" as discussed in Enterprise Miner is similar to a folder on my computer.

Thanks.

Jerry

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-10-2017 07:50 AM
Occasional Contributor

Re: SAS library needed - OnDemand Enterprise Miner?

[ Edited ]
As long as I am using a SAS course, I don't need to worry about setting up a library, correct? 

As long as the set up instructions don't tell you to, I believe they do for some other courses - that's part of the learning process in those courses though, how to set up libraries. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

[ Edited ]

A library is a folder.

However, since you're using EM in the cloud you do need to set up your libraries on their server instead of your folders and upload your files/projects. EM runs in the cloud, and the cloud doesn't have access to your desktop.

If you're taking a SAS course it's likely the libraries and data is set up for you, which it looks like it might be.

EDIT: the course would have a section that was "required set up steps" that you should be able to access. 

Solution
‎01-10-2017 07:50 AM
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]
As long as I am using a SAS course, I don't need to worry about setting up a library, correct? 

As long as the set up instructions don't tell you to, I believe they do for some other courses - that's part of the learning process in those courses though, how to set up libraries. 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation