Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University edition problem

New User

SAS University edition problem

[ Edited ]

I am having an issue with running a proc logistic procedue using the SAS university edition. 

Here is the error message I get in my log.  I am working with a large dataset 30 Million observations. 

1          OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
 62         proc logistic data=deb.az_ca_masterds2;
 63         model ccase (event="1")=female/clparm=pl;
 64         run;
 ERROR: Insufficient space in file WORK.'SASTMP-000000172'n.UTILITY.
 ERROR: File WORK.'SASTMP-000000172'n.UTILITY is damaged. I/O processing did not complete.
 NOTE: The SAS System stopped
Super User

Re: SAS University edition problem

SAS UE isn't designed to work with such large datasets. If you can, get a full version of SAS. Otherwise, redirect your work library to a different location AND increase the RAM allotted to your VM in Oracle VirtualBox. 

You can reassign your work temporarily by creating a library called USER. Then by default all files will go there. 

libname user '/folders/myfolders/';

If you want to reassign your WORK folder permanently see instructions on here, under Analytics U. 

PS. I'm moving this question to Analytics U as it relates to SAS University 

SAS Super FREQ

Re: SAS University edition problem

Hi, @dkahler. Just to follow-up on what @Reeza said and to provide a little more info. SAS University Edition is a VM of about 10GB in size (once it's been imported from the OVA file). Of that 10GB, about 4.5GB is free space. Depending on the size of the datasets and what you are trying to do, it can fill up. Generally, the work space is adequate for those learning to code.

Thanks,

Randy

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation