Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University Not Working

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS University Not Working

Lately, all our SAS University Edition installed on different PCs in our office have already stopped working. When opening SAS University in the browser, users will be prompted with the word "Initializing" but the program will not proceed on the main interface of SAS U.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-22-2018 07:43 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: SAS University Not Working

Posted in reply to arreginio

This is a result of an issue with the current version of Google Chrome and SAS University Edition. Soon, a new version of SAS University Edition will be available (likely within two weeks). In the mean time, you can use Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. That's the short answer! :-)

Thanks,

Randy

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Employee

Which browser are you using?  There is a known issue with the latest version of Chrome (v67), see https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Studio/SAS-Studio-Status-check-stuck-in-Initializing-after-click-...

We are actively working on a fix to address this issue, but for the time being, please try using another browser. If that does not solve your problem, then please post back.

Solution
‎06-22-2018 07:43 PM
SAS Super FREQ

This is a result of an issue with the current version of Google Chrome and SAS University Edition. Soon, a new version of SAS University Edition will be available (likely within two weeks). In the mean time, you can use Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. That's the short answer! :-)

Thanks,

Randy

New Contributor

thanks, it is now working on the Internet Explorer browser, I usually use Google Chrome to open SAS University. However, a prompt warning saying: Your system is scheduled to expire on July 31, 2018 which is 39 days from now. The SAS system will no longer function on or after that date. Please contact your SAS Installation Representative to obtain your updated SAS Installation Data (SID) file which includes SETINIT information.
I thought SAS University software is free. Do I have to renew it for a paid version? Please enlighten me.thanks!
New Contributor

Sorry, I thought it was already working. But after I closed the Warning stated above, I cannot type on the Code window as if it is disabled.
New Contributor

As I am sure you have already seen this sticky post -> https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/SAS-University-Edition-license-expiration-No-need-to-... , then you know you don't have to worry. Just update SAS and you should be good to go.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation