Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University Edition

Occasional Contributor

SAS University Edition

Is there a new URL for the SAS University Edition Help Center?  I have been unable to open studio sessions with the old URL

Super Contributor

Re: SAS University Edition

If you mean the web page which opens the SAS Information Center from which you can actually start UE the URL is http://localhost:10080 but you can check that from the window which VirtualBox opens (although I admit zeros and eights are difficult to distinguish in that screen).

If that doesn't work what does happen when you type the URL into your address bar?

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply!

When I type the URL I receive an error that the site cannot be found and a suggestion to search Bing for the URL.

Super User

nrmagee wrote:

Thank you for your reply!

When I type the URL I receive an error that the site cannot be found and a suggestion to search Bing for the URL.

You have two different responses there. Which one is it?

1. Make sure your VM is running

2. If it doesn't work, please post pictures and explain in detail what's happened. Did you just install SAS or have you had it for a while? Did you update your browser or OS?

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply Reeza.

I am relatively new to SAS University.  When I attempted to open the SAS studio, I received an error that the URL could not be found. When I check the VM VirtualBox start page there was the following error:  Fatal: No bootable medium found! System halted.  So I attempted to restart VirtualBox Manager and I get the error that my ova file already exists.  

Super User

@nrmagee I think that doing a full reinstall may be warranted.Follow the instructions step by step and do not change any of the VM settings.

Occasional Contributor

Reeza,

Completed reinstall and continue to get VirtualBox error Failed to import appliance  File already exists. 

The result code is: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)

I apologize that I cannot provide screenshots of errors. My laptop is better than 4+ years old.

Magee

Super User

nrmagee wrote:

Reeza,

Completed reinstall and continue to get VirtualBox error Failed to import appliance  File already exists. 

The result code is: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)

I apologize that I cannot provide screenshots of errors. My laptop is better than 4+ years old.

Magee

Did you ever have SAS working on your laptop?

Does your laptop meet the minimum requirements and did you verify it?

If it's not 64bit then SAS UE won't work. 

Why can't your provide screenshots? Worse case scenario, take a photo with your phone, email it to yourself and upload.

Without it we can't really help much so good luck. Yes, its a lot of steps, but free help does have a price. 

Occasional Contributor

I have had SAS working on this laptop for about 2 months. I have attempted to upload pics but get an error that jpgs are not valid files for attachment IMG_0024.JPG

Super User

You didn't delete the old stuff correctly. Navigate to the path in the error and delete your previous OVA files and any installations that were left behind. Make sure Virtual Box shows no VM in the panes after installation. 

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for that suggestion Reeza.

I have deleted every ova file I have every saved on this laptop since I started working in SAS this summer and deleted and reintalled the university edition couple times now. I continue to receive the same error. My skill set does not follow computer science nor do I want it to.

I just want to want to upload some data so I can run a couple tests. You don't deserve that I'm sorry. I love you.

Super Contributor

You might find SAS OnDemand for Academics suits you better given the trouble you've been having. It's entirely cloud based https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/on-demand-for-academics.html

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your help Chris, really.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your assistance, Reeza. I appreciate you taking the time.

SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

If you are using VMWare Player, you might have a different URL when you install a new version of SAS University Edition in a Virtual Machine. It will typically start with 192.xxx.yyy.zzz -- the other numbers could change. You need to check the start up screen when you first "play" the Virtual Machine in VMWare.

cynthia

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation