Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University Edition

Occasional Contributor

SAS University Edition

Hi,

I managed to install SAS University Edition in Oracle virtualbox (with exciting). When I started the VM, I could access page http://localhost:10080. But when I click “Start SAS Studio“, I got attached error message after a long time page loading. Any idea?

Thanks,

Ken

sas-university-error.png
SAS Employee

Re: SAS University Edition

Hi!

What type of internet browser are you using and what version of the browser?  Have you tried clearing out your cookies?  Have you tried another browser?

Thanks!

Maggie.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Maggie, Thanks.

I've tried it on IE (10 and 11) and firefox (30.0).

Yes I cleared the cookies on all my browsers.

Thanks again,

Ken

SAS Employee

Ken, send me an email and I will address this issue through technical support processes.  Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

Hi Maggie,

What is your email address?

Thanks,

Ken

SAS Employee

Email sent to Ken directly.  Technical Support will work through its processes towards resolution and Ken or I will post back to the thread with the results.

N/A

Is there a resolution to this? Same issue for me.

New Contributor

Hi Maggie,

Were you able to resolve Ken's issue? I am facing the same issue but on a Mac OS. I have tried doing the following

1.  Restart the whole computer
  2.  Delete SAS virtual machine from Virtual box
  3.  Clear cookies from all browsers
  4.  Re install SAS to the virtual box

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 10.13.40 AM.png
New Contributor

I am having this same problem. Did anyone ever find a solution?

Trusted Advisor

My guess is that some (not public) services from the University Edition did started 100%.

My proposal is to stop (completely, without saving the state) the virtual machine. Then, start it again, until you get the message on the VM that you can connect to the URL. Maybe even wait a little longer.

And the connect again and see if it is working. If not, I would wait for the answer from technical support.

New Contributor

I have tried that and I still have the same problem.

Trusted Advisor

Sorry to read that. AS SAS University Edition is a closed environment, I can't give you more answers. I would wait for maggie@sas answer.

SAS Employee

There is not one simple answer to this issue as the error is quite generic.  Often times, the download of the University Edition vApp is incomplete and it is necessary to redownload the file. Please remember that this file is approximately 1.6 gig in size and that you will need to ensure that your pc/laptop is kept active during that time and does not go to asleep.

If the suggestion above does not solve this problem, please submit your situation to SASAnalyticsU@sas.com.  It is critical to include details such as your operating system, the virtualization software and version you are using (VirtualBox or VMware) and the browser name and version. I realize that this example shows the URL for VirtualBox but it is possible that this could also occur using VMware.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation