Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University Edition with Virtual Box

New Contributor

SAS University Edition with Virtual Box

I followed all the steps are stayed in the video (http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/university-edition/download-software.html#windows)

I tried first on Windows and I got the following errors (I did created the shared drive as indicated in the video)

After I click Start --> Normal Start I get the following errors

cfj0C.png

Here is my configuration from the virtual box

cfj0C.png

Then I tried on Ubuntu, I followed the same steps and now I get the following error:

Screenshot from 2016-03-29 20-30-40.png

I found the file rcvboxdrv but I'm not sure I follow what I suppose to do, below are the properties of the file and the location but again I don't know what I suppose to do.

Thank you so much

Screenshot from 2016-03-29 20-32-23.png

Super User

Re: SAS University Edition with Virtual Box

[ Edited ]

In your error message is a Details with a little triangle. Click the triange to display more details on the error and post that back please.

I don't think Ubuntu is supported.

Trouble shooting tips are the bottom of the page.

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/main.htm

New Contributor

Please see the printshoot of the detail error

Thanks

Screenshot from 2016-03-29 21-07-43.png

Super User

I don't see anything wrong.

Just to check, these are the steps you followed:

1. Download file, may want to redownload
2. Download virtualbox
3. Unzip sas university edition and save to location where you have admin privileges.
4. Create folder called myfolders in unzipped folder. It must be lowercase
5. Open VirtualBox
6. Set up shared Drive
7. Try and start up VM

The order of 6/7 varies if you're using VMWare or VirtualBox. I cant remember which is which.

If this redownload doesnt work I would contact tech support. They'll work through it with you.
SAS Employee

@samuvk on your Windows machine, make sure the Operating System of the Virtual Machine is Red Hat Linux 64 bit (see screenshot). If, after changing the OS, you stil get the same error, then your virtual machine may have been corrupted and I recommend a fresh installation. 

university_edition.JPG

New User

I am having the same issue but a different error message. I still get the same error message even after I changed the Operating System to Red Hat (32-bit). Please help me try and start to run SAS! Thank you! 

sas.png
Super User

See the trouble shooting tips link above for the VT-X error and how to work around it. Basically some Windows machines don't allow VM's by default and you need to work around that.

SAS Employee

@lucyw88 Take a look at this SAS Note that explains why the error is occuring as well as a solution Smiley Happy

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation