Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University Edition on Oracle VirtualBox - Red Hat(64-bit) not showing up

New Contributor

SAS University Edition on Oracle VirtualBox - Red Hat(64-bit) not showing up

[ Edited ]

I received an error message when trying to run SAS University Edition the same as the one shown in installation note 53263. It says to change my Version to Red Hat (64-bit), but that option does not appear in my drop down. No 64-bit options appear in the drop down version menu. My processor is 64-bit, and I am running a 64-bit version of Windows. Another user had a similar problem that was solved when they found they were running Hyper-V on the same computer and disabled it. I am not running Hyper-V or any similar software besides VirtualBox. I disabled PAE/NX in the Processor settings because I was getting a BIOS error, but enabling it did not make the 64-bit option available.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: SAS University Edition on Oracle VirtualBox - Red Hat(64-bit) not showing up

Hi, @steverob96. What operating system are you using?

I hate to suggest the obvious but I do think you should reboot your machine and see if that makes a difference.

Also, I'd be curious to see the error message (with details) of what happens if you try to start SAS University Edition with the (incorrect) 32-bit setting. A screen shot is welcome!

In short, I'm not sure the answer to your problem yet, but I think we can figure it out with just a little more detail. :-)

Thanks,

Randy

New Contributor

Re: SAS University Edition on Oracle VirtualBox - Red Hat(64-bit) not showing up

[ Edited ]

This is what comes up when I try to run it with the Red Hat (32-bit) setting on. I am running Windows 10 Education. And this picture was taken after I already did a reboot, so that didn't seem to help.

VM.JPG

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @steverob96

It sounds like perhaps you've done things things, but let's check it off:

-- You don't have Hyper-V or VMware or any other virtualization sofrware installed?

-- You have enabled virtualization in the BIOS?

-- You have rebooted after taking into consideration these two things

-- You are still not seeing the option for 64-bit?

If you're stil not seeing that, I think it would be good for you to open a Technical Support track by sending email to support@sas.com

I've not seen one of these situations where we couldn't figure out what's wrong, so I'm still fairly confident! :-)

Thanks,

Randy

New Contributor

Enabling Virtualization in the BIOS solved it! Thank you!
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation