Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University Edition license renewal: How can I access my old code files?

New Contributor

SAS University Edition license renewal: How can I access my old code files?

I also posted this question in the comment section of the page:

"SAS University Edition license renewal: Do I update my software or install a new copy?"

but it seems not many people are reading and answering there so I post it here again:

I downloaded and installed a new copy. I got a new URL for the new license and now I can not access my old code files. I still can open the old URL with the old license. Can I move my old files to the new URL or do I have to download and upload every single file?

Super User

Re: SAS University Edition license renewal: How can I access my old code files?

Use the shared folder (or a subdirectory of it) for saving codes, then you can move the files from one shared folder to the other with the Windows Explorer (or similar tool, if you're on a Mac or Linux)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User

PS adding a comment to a post that's almost a year old (and in the wrong forum to boot) won't get you much attention.

Posting a new question does, as those always appear on top of the list most contributors keep watching.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Trusted Advisor

[ Edited ]

Assuming you have defined filenames and libnames, somthing like:

filename source '/folders/myshortcuts/My_Folders/source';

libname mydata  '/folders/myshortcuts/My_Folders/data';

If you defined same shared folder name (exact spelling, mine is: My_Folders)  you should not have any problem to find your sas files.

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @benschke, just to echo the good advice you've been given: You can define your Shared Folder in your new version to point to the same folder. For a reminder of how to define, see this FAQ entry.

Randy

New Contributor

Thanks all for the answers. I was a bit irritated because I couldn't find a way to create a virtual folder. It's because I use a different virtual machine than Virtualbox (VMware Workstation). So I guess I have to install Virtualbox too. Thanks Randy for the FAQ-reminder

SAS Employee

Hello, @benschke!

You shouldn't need both virtual machines. Have you been able to visit the FAQ related to VMware Workstation?

Hope this helps!

Caroline

New Contributor

Hi Caroline,

thanks for the hint. I managed to create the shared folder with WMware. First it didn't work. It seems because I just suspended the virtual machine instead of power off.

Ben

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation