Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University Edition error

New Contributor

SAS University Edition error

Hi,

Sorry if this problem has been solved earlier but I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem yet. I have been using SAS University Edition for over a year now with no trouble on a Macbook Pro using VirtualBox.

Two days ago, suddenly I get this error message when loading the http://localhost:10080 page: 

The localhost page isn’t working

localhost didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

And this has been occurring ever since. I don't remember changing anything although I may have updated virtualbox (can't remember). I have tried so many things so far to get around this issue including:
1) Downloading a new copy of the OVA file
2) Unistalling the current version or Virtualbox and installing an older version
3) Reinitialise the MAC address in expert mode
4) Try different machines: a PC running windows 10 and a iMac

All of these options results in the same error message. I'm out of ideas and need some help please! Thanks in advance. 
Super User

Re: SAS University Edition error

Posted in reply to ehsankhan87

Usually a restart of the VM is all that's needed. 

You can try version 5.1.0 of Vbox of VMware Workstation instead. 

Post a snapshot of your VM settings and if all else fails contact support@sas.com for help. 

PS I work on a MacBook Pro with no issues. 

Which browser are you using?

New Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply! I've restarted/reinstalled it many times with no avail. I have tried older versions of Vbox and also tried VMware which also did not work. 

I have also used the troubleshooting pages to ensure the settings are correct. I'm out of ideas. 

Super User

Virtual Box 5.1.0?

New Contributor

I too am having this error. Macbook Pro OS 10.12. Just an hour ago downloaded Virtualbox and the OVA file and followed all instructions. Arrived at the same error message as ehsankhan87. Called tech support where a kind gentleman ran me through some troubleshooting to ensure that all the settings were set up correctly, which they were. He also had me acess http://localhost:18888 which sent me to the Jupyter site as he expected (normal?). Now he is doing more research into my problem and will email me updates.
New Contributor

Posted in reply to erkingaround

My problem was resolved by moving out of my institution's network (where I had downloaded, installed, and gone through all of my troubleshooting steps) and running SAS on my home network. Weird.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation