Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University Edition VirtualBox failed for three browsers

Occasional Contributor

SAS University Edition VirtualBox failed for three browsers

I just download latest image from sas website: unvbasicvapp__9411013__ova__en__sp0__1.ova, and did all steps as tutorial shown, but failed to reach localhost:10080, I am using Mac OS, and VirtualBox 5.2.12. The only browser show things is Chrome, but it stuck in initializing process, and of course as other people mentioned before, my Chrome browser is v67, so I switched to Safari and Firefox, but both of the two browsers can't reach to locahost:10080, is there anyone can give a help for this issue? Thanks!

SAS Super FREQ

Re: SAS University Edition VirtualBox failed for three browsers

Posted in reply to AlexFlanker

Hi, @AlexFlanker. Are you saying you get the same "Initializing..." error with Safari and Firefox? Or do you get a different error, like "Cannot connect..." or "Server not found..." ?

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to RandyMullis

Chrome: stuck in initializing

Safari: Can't connect to the server: localhost

Firefox: Unable to connect. Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:10080

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @AlexFlanker. The "initializing" message would only be present if the browser can reach the SAS University Edition server. Thus, it seems strange that the other two browsers would not be able to connect. 

Are you sure you are entering:

http://localhost:10080

as the address?

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Yes, exactly!

Super User

Can you post a screenshot of the VM settings? And the SAS UE black screen with the URL? Is it actually localhost in the window - mine is usually an IP address type of 173.13.24.234

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @AlexFlanker. You are welcome to call SAS Technical Support at 1-800-727-0025 and we will get you a quick solution.

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Resolved! Since I check my ping localhost, it got timeout, then I fixed my localhost address, then back to safari to try localhost:10080, it worked! This may caused by Apache installed mess up when I did some other development project which ever installed Apache stuff. 

Learner

Re: SAS University Edition VirtualBox failed

Hi!

I uploaded everything on 64 bit windows 7 OS but when I click to open or run VM Virtual Box, it says some kind of weird error. 

Error:

The virtual machine 'SAS University Edition_1' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)

do you have any solution to this? 

Been trying all day today but no way out. 

Email me back (kushal.pokhrel@gmail.com))

Thanks.

-Kushal

Occasional Contributor

The setting are the same with tutorials, here is the black screen after running the SAS kernel, my localhost is 172.0.0.1

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @Kushal75. The Quick Start guide is a useful reference for figuring out what's wrong:

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/docs/en/SASUniversityEditionQuickStartV...

Did Step 3, Importing SAS University Edition and setting up your Shared Folder, work for you? Usually a successful import will ensure a successful startup of the virtual machine?

Randy

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation