Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University Edition Update Failure

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS University Edition Update Failure

The progress bar goes to around 54% then it says "The download did not complete. Make sure you are connected to the internet and try again." I have tried many times without any success. Not sure if this is a bug or something wrong with SAS U Edition update server.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-30-2016 05:09 PM
SAS Employee

Re: SAS University Edition Update Failure

At the risk of spoiling tomorrow's announcement, we are in the process of pushing out a new release of University Edition.  The process pushes the update out first, then we do more testing, then we complete the push by updating the file on the download site.  The reason I'm telling you this is because when you get the sort of message you're getting, it's likely that the update download is timing out (perhaps due to connectivity issues) and if you don't have another connection to try, it's usually easier to just download a new copy (the download files are hosted in lots of places so are usually faster to get than the Cary-based update server).  But I can't suggest you do that right now since the new download file isn't yet out there (you'd be downloading what you already have).  

So if you have another connection you can try - please do, the update is working in all of our testing.  But if not, wait until you see the availability annoucement on this community then go get a new copy.   You have to set up your shared folders again, but all of your preferences, autoexec, etc, will still be there.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-30-2016 05:09 PM
SAS Employee

At the risk of spoiling tomorrow's announcement, we are in the process of pushing out a new release of University Edition.  The process pushes the update out first, then we do more testing, then we complete the push by updating the file on the download site.  The reason I'm telling you this is because when you get the sort of message you're getting, it's likely that the update download is timing out (perhaps due to connectivity issues) and if you don't have another connection to try, it's usually easier to just download a new copy (the download files are hosted in lots of places so are usually faster to get than the Cary-based update server).  But I can't suggest you do that right now since the new download file isn't yet out there (you'd be downloading what you already have).  

So if you have another connection you can try - please do, the update is working in all of our testing.  But if not, wait until you see the availability annoucement on this community then go get a new copy.   You have to set up your shared folders again, but all of your preferences, autoexec, etc, will still be there.

Contributor

Thanks Amy, for the detailed response. I just tried downloading a new copy of application and found out it was the same version. I will wait until the final announcement. I am very excited to try the new features.

Contributor

Just a quick update. I tried the update on both a 70 Mbs network and a 25 Mbs network. Neither worked. I got the same error message I mentioned in my original post. So, I will have to wait until tomorrow for the new release download.

Contributor

I have to say this is a little disappointing because the first thing this morning I did was try updating SAS university edition again. Still no luck. The closest thing I got was "85%" then it told me update failed.

I tried both Safari and Firefox on my MacBook Pro. And I tried 8 times. I am on a 70 Mbs downloading speed network.

Occasional Contributor

I downloaded the update today 3/31/2016, but now I get a message that says "The update has failed. Click Update to try again." I click Update and it keeps failing. Advice?

New Contributor

I have the same difficult. Trying to update for 2 days and it goes thru 50 - 60% (sometimes 2-3%) and:

The download did not complete. Make sure you are connected to the internet and try again. 

Any suggestion?

Contributor

@lbnucci, I would suggest that you try updating your SAS U at a less busy time of the day if you update your SAS U directly on the page. The network traffic might play a role in the update failure. 

I also suggest that you download a new copy of SAS U vApp (either for VirtualBox or for VM, depending on what you use) and reload it into your virtual machine. In my experience, it is usually easier and faster. The added benefit is reloading a new copy makes your virtual disk file size smaller. Running the SAS U for a while and updating via the webpage usually put some junk in your virtual disk file.

New Contributor

Thank you jj02148, I took a while to update becaus I didn't want to start all over and take a risk of loosing something. The VM was running in an older version, after I updated it everything is working the proper way, even the updates after July, 31st.

Occasional Contributor

Where can I get a new copy? Nothing I have done (and was recommended here) has worked to get SAS Studio working again. 

Learner

Hi, I am facing the same problem. Have been trying to update for ~ a week with safari, chrome, firefox and no luck. Download never goes beyond 85%. I had already crossed my download limit last year due to some technical problem and then completely switching my system. They reset my download count to so that I could download new copy but I'm not sure if I can do the same this year. It expires today and I don't even remember how many times I have tried to download the updates and failed. Please help.

Thanks. 

Community Manager

Hi @gitika, Technical Support should be able to reset your count again if you'll open a track. For information on other ways to contact Tech Support, refer to: http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/index.html

New Contributor

Hi, @gitika, I started all over. My VMware was running in an older version that the new SAS Studio doesn't work, after I updated it everything is working the proper way, even the updates after July, 31st. I hope this works for you too!

New Contributor

On my MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan, this error continues despite clearing cache and cookies on my Firefox browser 48.0.1.

It does not affect SAS studio and my SAS programs are working.

New Contributor

Tried it on the latest stable versions of Chrome and Safari too with the same inablity to update message.

It does not affect my SAS programs and hence this is not a significant error by any means.

This is just to give the QA folks a chance to try these variations in their test lab.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 11 in conversation