Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University Edition - Update Available but not downloading...

Accepted Solution Solved
Valued Guide
Accepted Solution

SAS University Edition - Update Available but not downloading...

A few days ago I started seeing the "Updates available" message when starting SAS UE. I tried the update method which failed (I don't think it's ever worked for me) so I downloaded a new OVA file, deleted the old VM and re-installed. This was still the old version (the release notes state the new version has a new expiry date) so I decided to wait a couple of days for the mirror sites to update and I've just tried again with the same result.

Is there a problem updating the mirrors or am I just not patient enough? Smiley LOL

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-22-2018 03:55 PM
SAS Employee

Re: SAS University Edition - Update Available but not downloading...

Posted in reply to ChrisBrooks

It's not you, it's us.  The update went live on Tuesday but the download files are not yet populated out to the servers worldwide - hopefully today.  I tend to wait to announce the new release until it's available everywhere, but the risk is confusing folks who are paying attention and have already seen the update.  Sorry!  

Just so you know, this isn't really a new feature release but more of a bunch of internal updates we had to do (to the JRE & operating system mostly).  All that's interesting from a user perspective is the new license extending usage to 31JUL2019.  So there's no rush to update for anyone - that is, don't stop working on a project to get it if that means missing a due date. 

The release notes and the what's new FAQ entries have already been updated.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎02-22-2018 03:55 PM
SAS Employee

It's not you, it's us.  The update went live on Tuesday but the download files are not yet populated out to the servers worldwide - hopefully today.  I tend to wait to announce the new release until it's available everywhere, but the risk is confusing folks who are paying attention and have already seen the update.  Sorry!  

Just so you know, this isn't really a new feature release but more of a bunch of internal updates we had to do (to the JRE & operating system mostly).  All that's interesting from a user perspective is the new license extending usage to 31JUL2019.  So there's no rush to update for anyone - that is, don't stop working on a project to get it if that means missing a due date. 

The release notes and the what's new FAQ entries have already been updated.  

Valued Guide

Thanks Amy - I thought it had to be something like that but thought I should check...

SAS Super FREQ

When you get the the message that a new update is available, I recommend to clear the cache of your browser.

After that, enter the URL for the "SAS® University Edition: Information Center" for instance http://localhost:10080, and try to do the update.

It did work for me.

Valued Guide

Posted in reply to Bruno_SAS

Thanks Bruno - it does the download OK but when I click to install the update it stays at 0% for a few seconds and then gives the message that the update failed.

Community Manager

The download is now fully available, or should be per news I received from @AmyP_sas.  Happy updating!

SAS Employee

Posted in reply to ChrisHemedinger

And just in case anyone is reading this who is an AWS user, we're still waiting for Amazon to make this update.  So downloading from the SAS site or updating in place are all good, and updating on AWS is good, but the AMI on AWS Marketplace is still the older file.  

SAS Employee

And we're live on AWS.  So this release is now fully available everywhere.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation