Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University Edition - Server Down

Occasional Contributor

SAS University Edition - Server Down

Unable to connect to the SAS University Edition Server since Sunday evening.

SAS Studio is keep on checking for the Updates (Screenshot # 1) and While trying to hit Start SAS Studio button gives the Service Temporarily Unavailable message (Screenshot # 2).

SAS U - Checking for Updates.jpgUnabel to connect to Server.jpg

Anyone else face the similar situation ?? Please respond over here.

SAS Employee

Re: SAS University Edition - Server Down

Posted in reply to AnalystKumar

A new release of SAS University Edition became available over the weekend, which is why the system is checking for updates.  See the April 2015 item in the Release Notes.  From these release notes, you can also learn about all the cool, new functionality in this release.

I'm afraid I don't know why you are seeing this specific error.  Could you provide more details about your environment (for example, what VM you are using)?  That might help someone diagnose the problem.

Occasional Contributor

Hi M.Dexter,

I'm using VM Ware Player on Windows 7 64 Bit..

Occasional Contributor

Here is the latest update.

After restarting my machine, This time, While launching the VMWare, It does some quick updates and giving the following screenshot with the URL address as http://::1

Which is wierd. Anyone else have similar issue ?

Moderator, Please give the updates from the respective technical team.

VMWare - SAS University URL.jpg

SAS Super FREQ

I've seen the http::1 for a number of reasons. Please check the following:

1) You have properly unzipped the University Edition zip file into a directory that is not on your desktop.

2) Launch VMware player -> Select "SAS University Edition" -> Select "Edit Virtual Machine Settings" -> Network Adapter -> Device Status -> Check "Connect at power on". 

3) Please also make sure that your network connection in the above Settings is set to NAT.

4) You might try re-importing the VM for University Edition.

5) Please make sure you have no local firewalls on your machine which might prevent access.

If none of these work, please send email to support@sas.com and we can work with you.

Thanks,

Randy Mullis

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to RandyMullis

Hi RandiMullis,

I'm inline with the first 3 points mentioned above.

Now, I'm trying to import the SAS University again to VMWare and will update you soon..

Occasional Contributor

Hi RandiMullis,

I tried to import the University Edition to VMWare again, But of no improvement in the situation.

Just now, sent an email to support@sas.com as suggested and received the Tracking number # 7611483310

As I'm using my personal laptop, No firewalls exists.

Super User

What about the windows firewall?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Frequent Contributor

@AnalystKumar  I think you will have to do a unistall of VMware player  and also the Vapp  and then reboot .After reboot do a install again of VMware player and the Vapp an then try accessing.

Occasional Contributor

Deleting the SAS University image and recreating worked well. Below is my full response on this.    

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, Analyst Kumar. I see that your support track has been picked up. You should receive assistance to get you going at this point.

Occasional Contributor

Hi RandiMullis,

As suggested by SAS University, I have deleted the image of the SAS University from VMWare (from disk), recreated it again and then reset the Network Adapter settings by Editing the Settings. Now, I'm able to login to University Edition again.

Thanks for giving me an idea to write to SAS Support.

Regards,

Analyst Kumar.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation