Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS University Edition - Folder Shortcuts

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS University Edition - Folder Shortcuts

I just updated my SAS University Edition software. All of the folders I had "linked" as Shared Folders are no longer listed under the Folder Shortcuts heading in SAS Studio. When I try to re-add them, they appear in the Shared Folders list in the VirtualBox, but they do not re-appear under the Folder Shortcuts heading in SAS Studio. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I think that technically, all Shared Folders are "supposed" to live within the "myfolders" folder, but that's inconvenient. Files and folders have a context other than being used SAS University Edition...

Any clues? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-19-2016 01:06 AM
Super User

Re: SAS University Edition - Folder Shortcuts

Folders can be anywhere. You add them as a shared folder in VirtualBox and then reference as

/folders/myshortcuts/sharedfoldername

One way to find the path is add them to shared folder in VBox then navigate to folder under SERVERS FILES AND FOLDERS pane in SAS UE. If you right click folder and select properties you'll see the path. 

You may need to restart your VM to see your shared folders after adding them to VBox. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a similar issue some time ago when I upgraded SAS UE, and if I remember correctly, I figured out that I had to reinstall Virtual Box (I had no luck with newer versions, only 9.0.14 r105127 works for me).  I then reinstalled SAS UE as per the normal documenation, including re-connecting the shared folder.  I realise this isn't the best answer, and I've talked to others who have upgraded without an issue, so I'm wondering if there's something specific about my computer (I'm using a MacBook, and was running El Capitain at the time).  

Hopefully you figure out the issue.  Good luck and Happy Coding!

Chris

(Update - I've moved your post to the SAS Analytics U board, where the SAS UE community lives :-))

Has my article or post helped? Please mark as Solution or Like the article!
Solution
‎10-19-2016 01:06 AM
Super User

Folders can be anywhere. You add them as a shared folder in VirtualBox and then reference as

/folders/myshortcuts/sharedfoldername

One way to find the path is add them to shared folder in VBox then navigate to folder under SERVERS FILES AND FOLDERS pane in SAS UE. If you right click folder and select properties you'll see the path. 

You may need to restart your VM to see your shared folders after adding them to VBox. 

Occasional Contributor

No, it did not work.  

I did save a folder in Oracle VM VirtualBox as a share folder as you can see in attachment Oracle.  However, still got the error message saying that "Physical file does not exist, /folders/foldershortcuts/SASLEARN".  See attachment Studio.  Please note that I named the shortcut  folder as LEARN.  I also tried using /folders/myshortcuts/SASLEARN as path, but it still did not work.

Any clue?  Thanks.

Oracle.PNGStudio.PNG
Super User

@docctong It works. 

Restart your VM and browser. 

Use the method navigating to the folder under SERVERS FILES & FOLDERS 

Find the shared folder. 

Right click and select properties

See the exact path in the Pane. 

It it should be the last one. 

Libname learn '/folders/myshortcuts/SASLEARN';

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation