05-04-2016 02:47 PM
We have had many reports of the latest update going well for folks. We’ve also had reports, like on this stream, of folks having trouble updating.
If you are one of those having trouble the short story is – there are a few things you can try to work through the update or you can start over with a new vApp & just ignore the update button for now.
Here are the details…
If you are having problems updating, here are a few things that might help:
If you are in a state where University Edition is not working for you, you have the option of downloading again and not applying any updates. We have rolled the file on the download site back to the older release for now until we can complete our testing. So the fallback is to go to www.sas.com/universityedition and download this older release and not perform any updates.
The main difference is you will be using SAS Studio 3.4 instead of SAS Studio 3.5. Note that some preferences or tasks you’ve created in Studio 3.5 will not work in the older version.
If you continue to have problems, please open a track by emailing SASAnalyticsU@sas.com so we can try to help.
Sorry for the problems some of you are having. We’re working to figure out this new twist and as soon as we have an update will let you know here. Thanks for working with us.
05-05-2016 09:58 AM
Just a quick update on the SAS University Edition update error. I tried upgrading yesterday and it was not successful. What I did today (accidentally), I clicked the "update" button on the local host homepage and waited for a while even the webpage said "update failed". The VM restarted itself and after the VM rebooted, the upgrade was successfully applied. Strange but it works.
05-05-2016 03:49 PM
I still get the "updates failed" notice. I redownloaded the SAS university ova and reinstalled. Tried to update multiple times and it keeps on telling me it failed.
05-05-2016 03:59 PM
Hi, @wen. It would be good to either try a different browser (if you have one installed) or clear the cache and cookies in your browser. It could be that the failed update message has been cached.
05-05-2016 05:18 PM
Thanks. After clearing cache couple times, it still didn't work. I used another browser that I never used SAS university on, and the update updated and everything worked out. Then I went back to the browser that I normally use, and now all the updates are up to date. Thanks!
05-06-2016 09:53 AM
Here I tried different things with Virtual Box up-to-date.
- Download the sas update, install, nothing happens.
- Try in another browser, same issue.
- Close VM and try again in the other browser, same issue.
- Restart everything and re-try: VM indeed restart when I click on update. However, it is still failing. (On both browsers...)
05-06-2016 10:02 AM
Hi, @al_mathy. Let me ask a couple of questions. First, though, shut down the VM (power it off), then clear your cache and cookies in your browser (either one). Then close your browser and open it. This will get us to a good starting place.
1. Now, power on your VM. Assuming it comes up and you get the http://localhost:10080 address in the black and white console window, go to that address in your browser. If you don't get a message indicating it is up-to-date, what message do you see?
2. If you get a message that UE is up-to-date, please try starting SAS Studio. If you get a message indicating updates are available, please try again and report back here. Remember that if you apply updates, you need to wait a good 5 minutes or so while the VM updates. We find that sometimes people don't wait for the restart of the VM before concluding it's not going to work.
Please report back!
05-06-2016 11:39 AM
Thank you for your quick reply. I followed your instructions.
- Close VM.
- Close SAS
- Empty caches
- Close browser
- Open Browser
- Open VM.
- Open SAS when VM ready
- Got the message: update are available: click on update
- VM restart
- Got the message: The update has failed. (even after waiting for five minutes)
Should I do something particular or still waiting?
05-06-2016 01:47 PM
@al_mathy, I know you're getting the message that the update failed. Did you also actually try the "Start SAS Studio" link? (Sorry for the obvious question)
05-06-2016 05:10 PM
Hi @jj02148, @wen, @al_mathy: No new news re: a resolution. We're still hard at work on it. But I'm commenting on this thread to make sure you know about a University Edition Live Tutorial at 11:30AM EDT on Tuesday, May 10. Hopefully, we'll be celebrating a fix by then and can spend the whole session helping new users install. Use this link to tune in: https://sas.webex.com/sas/e.php?MTID=m62fc606e5963cb3746313ac3a34c0775