Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS Univeristy Edition Terms

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Learner
Accepted Solution

SAS Univeristy Edition Terms

Hello everyone,

I am working in an MNC company, i am new to SAS and would like to learn the tool to gain knowledge.

I would like to understand if i can install SAS university edition in my office system and use it for learning without publishing any results or analysis to other audience.

Any insights on this will help a lot.

Thanks and regards,

Shankar

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-26-2016 03:40 AM
Community Manager

Re: SAS Univeristy Edition Terms

Posted in reply to shankar2287

Hi @shankar2287, what @Reeza and @KurtBremser said is correct. You can install University Edition on your computer as long as you're using it to learn SAS only. I checked with someone here at SAS familiar with the terms of use and he added a couple of things to be aware of:

1. You may install the software only once and only on the type of hardware indicated in the setup instructions. Don't configure the virtual app to exceed a capacity of two processor cores.
  2. As Kurt noted, make sure your employer's OK with having University Edition installed in their environment. Once installed, the software may occasionally send anonymous data regarding its usage and configuration to SAS to assist SAS with future development and support.

Enjoy using University Edition!

-
Bev Brown
Visit me on LinkedIn.
Twitter too: @BevBrown
Thank you for using SAS.jpg

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Apart from what you post willingly (eg here if you need help), all information stays on your desktop. The VM does not have a connection to the "outside world".

You are not required to publish anything you do on the SAS UE.

Just check with your IT department so you don't run into problems because of security concerns; have them "green-light" the SAS UE VM before installation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/What-are-the-permitted-uses-of-SAS-University...

You're running close to #6 especially if you have SAS licences at work. 

And although SAS UE doesn't send data back to SAS some usage stats are tracked somehow, ie what proc users are using. 

Solution
‎08-26-2016 03:40 AM
Community Manager

Hi @shankar2287, what @Reeza and @KurtBremser said is correct. You can install University Edition on your computer as long as you're using it to learn SAS only. I checked with someone here at SAS familiar with the terms of use and he added a couple of things to be aware of:

1. You may install the software only once and only on the type of hardware indicated in the setup instructions. Don't configure the virtual app to exceed a capacity of two processor cores.
  2. As Kurt noted, make sure your employer's OK with having University Edition installed in their environment. Once installed, the software may occasionally send anonymous data regarding its usage and configuration to SAS to assist SAS with future development and support.

Enjoy using University Edition!

-
Bev Brown
Visit me on LinkedIn.
Twitter too: @BevBrown
Thank you for using SAS.jpg
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation