Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS Univ edition issue

New Contributor

SAS Univ edition issue

Hi,

While trying to open SAS university edition I am getting below error in VirtualBox. I am using on Mac OS. 

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine SAS University Edition.

Could not open the medium '/Users/VJ/VirtualBox VMs/SAS University Edition/SAS_University_Edition.vmdk'.

VMDK: inconsistency between grain table and backup grain table in '/Users/VJ/VirtualBox VMs/SAS University Edition/SAS_University_Edition.vmdk' (VERR_VD_VMDK_INVALID_HEADER).

VD: error VERR_VD_VMDK_INVALID_HEADER opening image file '/Users/VJ/VirtualBox VMs/SAS University Edition/SAS_University_Edition.vmdk' (VERR_VD_VMDK_INVALID_HEADER).

Result Code:

NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)

Component:

MediumWrap

Interface:

IMedium {4afe423b-43e0-e9d0-82e8-ceb307940dda}

SAS Super FREQ

Re: SAS Univ edition issue

Hi, @Vratantjain. Hmm, I get the feeling your OVA file (that is, the large file you downloaded to get SAS University Edition) may be corrupted.

What size is that file?

Randy

New Contributor

Thanks Randy, 

My OVA file size is 2.1 GB. Just to add it was working perfectly for past few days. 

SAS Super FREQ

Ahh, thanks for that additional information @Vratantjain. If you haven't already, please reboot the guest (SAS University Edition) and reboot the host (your Mac). If that doesn't fix it, you should be able to re-import your OVA file and re-establish your Shared Folders. Let me know if this helps!

Randy

New Contributor

Thanks Randy, I tried the option of rebooting my machine and virtualbox but getting the same error. So I have imported OVA file again and it worked. Do you know how to avoid the same error in future? 

Big Thanks for your help !!!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation