Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS Univ. Mac Install problem Getting a "Shell>" prompt instead of the prompt to go to local host.

New Contributor

SAS Univ. Mac Install problem Getting a "Shell>" prompt instead of the prompt to go to local host.

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 9.41.39 AM.png

SORRY, where is the tech support page? I'm not seeing where to post this install problem in the community.

I think successful download and install. myfolders, and install appliance looked normal. When I start the machine, I do not get prompt to local host, but this weird "Shell>" prompt. 

I"ve deleted and redownloaded and reinstalled all software and repeated all steps in the guild.

Thanks, Steve

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 9.03.57 AM.png

New Contributor

Posted in reply to swcarruthers

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 9.41.39 AM.png

SORRY, where is the tech support page? I'm not seeing where to post this install problem in the community.

I think successful download and install. myfolders, and install appliance looked normal. When I start the machine, I do not get prompt to local host, but this weird "Shell>" prompt. 

I"ve deleted and redownloaded and reinstalled all software and repeated all steps in the guild.

Thanks, Steve

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 9.03.57 AM.png

Super User

Re: SAS Univ. Mac Install problem Getting a "Shell>" prompt instead of the prompt to go

Posted in reply to swcarruthers

Follow the installation instructions EXACTLY.

You set the OS to Mac - but it needs to be the OS of the virtual machine, which is RedHat Linux.

Start over, import the VM, DO NOT change any of the settings in the VM, except for setting up the shared folder to myfolders. 

Super Contributor

Re: SAS Univ. Mac Install problem Getting a "Shell>" prompt instead of the prompt to go

To add to what @Reeza said here is what my settings for SAS University Edition look like (I'm also running on a Mac)

VirtualBox Settings.png

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation