06-01-2018 02:54 PM
I have been using SAS UE for 2 yrs with no problems. Recently due to the browser issue with google chrome and firefox my SAS EU would not run. Working with SAS and community members, I was able to get it to run again. However randomly when I launch I get the response from SAS studio: "Unable to create session temp directory."
If I then close the VM machine and try again, it will run some of the code which are macros and I get a message that no space left on device. However prior to the browser issue the code had run with no issues. To conserve log space I have a procprinto log =' file.lst' before the macro.
I have searched the community but no repots for this issue are posted. Does anyone have a solution for this issue?
06-01-2018 03:15 PM
Sometimes virtual box update might cause an issue, try reverting back to the older version of Virtual Box and see if that resolves. Also try clearing cookie, not sure if this might be a problem.
06-01-2018 03:26 PM
06-01-2018 03:36 PM
06-01-2018 04:03 PM
I think this mainly becomes an issue when SAS closes/crashes and then the work libraries are not cleared of. I don't believe that that's been fixed yet.
I would reinstall SAS and set my work library to be my desktop when working with large datasets, not the virtual image, which is how it currently operates.
I do this but adding a USER library. If you have a library named USER SAS defaults data to there instead of work by default when using single level names.
06-01-2018 04:33 PM
06-01-2018 04:45 PM - edited 06-01-2018 04:45 PM
1. Right click on the library and select properties and it shows you the path. Its stored somewhere in the VM. You can clear it out manually for the current session but I doubt you can for leftovers because access to the VM is locked down and users do not have access. You can try the%cleanwork utility that SAS offers, but I'm not sure it'll work. Never tried it myself.
2. This is a SAS definition of a library, which just means a folder. It has no relation to your desktop machine except for the myfolders and any other connection you've set up.
3. Yes, I mean delete the VM from Oracle and Re-import an ova file.
I have a few questions:
1. Exactly where are the work libraries located for SAS and can they be
2. I have looked under C:\Users\Andre Jackson\Documents\Virtual
Machines\SAS-University-Edition and I see no libraries.
3. When you say reinstall SAS you mean the OVA file?
06-01-2018 07:05 PM
06-01-2018 09:14 PM
I located the libraries in SAS studio under mylibraries, but they had
nothing and I saw no library file associated with the VMware workstation 12.
I did the new download with the same results.
I'm not sure I understand what that means.
You set up the myfolders to the same previous location in your set up, correct?
Are you not seeing the programs/data sets you previously had? Did you previously have something set up in the auto exec that you need to recreate?
06-01-2018 11:08 PM
06-07-2018 02:02 PM
SAS UE runs under the virtual box or VMware workstation and when it crashes it seems to corrupt which ever one happens to be working. The browser is not the issue.
The solution is to uninstall the virtual software and start over. The issue is not with SAS UE but the virtual software. Once the virtual software is reconfigures SAS UE works just fine.