Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS Studio problem

New Contributor

SAS Studio problem

Hi Bruce,

I recently downloaded SAS Studio, and I have a few questions. I've gone through a lot of the Help documentation and done some Google searches, but to no luck.

1) I tried testing SAS Studio out by running a simple proc print statement to view one of the preloaded tables in the program (the Class table in the SASHELP library). Unfortunately, all it does is spin its wheels forever. It never finishes running, so I don't get to see a log. I've tried running it several times at different times of day, and I tried running against a table I put in the SASUSER library. Thoughts?

2) How can I create a new library (not just assign one) and reference it at the start of coding? I'm still fairly new to SAS. I want to be able to put my files in a particular folder on my C drive.

Thanks!

New Contributor

Re: SAS Studio problem

Hallo, ILLium!     

Well, this event does take place here too! I think it is ought to the fact that SAS runs part in your machine, part in SAS computacional centre!

It does not run entirely in your machine, so that delays may ocuur mainly because de internet connection and/or server load.

I recomend you to refresh the page. It will take some seconds, one minute perhaps, so, you can run again.

Bye!

New Contributor

I appreciate the response, Erick.

I reset the virtual machine and it worked. It freezes up if I change the table I'm referencing during the same session, but I can live with that.

Thanks!

Super User

1) The new version shouldn't be doing that.  You should consider contacting SAS support for the University edition.

#2)

New Contributor

Reeza,

I think you can't do it! My of SAS is "Student" , free. In that, I can only use the folder "folders/Myfolders" in our C:\ directory. Unless you are running SAS on a Unix/Linux OS.

In Student version of SAS I can only write into 'Myfolders' directory.

Talking about assigning a library to SAS... I can not. Unless you create a new one into SAS enviroment! You will not get access another directory like, for example, C:\User\Reeza\SAS\library\.

You can only add a new one into Library folder in SAS, not into another in your PC.

Have fun!

Tschüss

Super User

I assumed that the version the OP is asking about is Analytics U version downloaded. If so, you can access another directory according to the FAQ links. First you have to set up the shared path in the VM and then set up the path in SAS Studio using UNIX paths even though its a Windows machine.  I'm on a Mac and it works fine.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation