Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS Studio hanging while opening an empty table

New Contributor

SAS Studio hanging while opening an empty table

I've been struggling with a hanging SAS Studio vApp for about an hour or two by now. First, an alert says that a table can't be opened because it doesn't contain any columns. I close the window and it seems like it tries to open it nevertheless, as I can see the application is hanging in an infinite loop, displaying a "Loading table" window.

Is there any way to break the loop? I tried restarting the virtual machine, restarting my PC - no success. Every single time it tries to open this particular table and stops responding.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: SAS Studio hanging while opening an empty table

Hi! I would suggest you send email to support@sas.com for this one.

Alternatively, have you tried deleting the table when you log in?

Randy

New Contributor

Posted in reply to RandyMullis

Thank you for your response. I have already solved the problem by setting up a new virtual machine. I forgot setting up the "myfolders" shared folder so I couldn't delete the table (it was on the virtual machine with no access from the outside) but, fortunately, the code was only a few dozen lines long so I had no problem recreating it.

SAS Super FREQ

Good to hear!

New Contributor

Posted in reply to RandyMullis
Go to the vm virtualBox manager then click on machine then select pause option .....
then save the preview screen(black screen) of virtualbox manager which appears to open the sas studio on our computer...
next go to the Sasuniversityedition-my folder where you usually store the sas datasets,then delete the file/dataset which causes hanging issue of the sas studio ...
Next go to the vm virtualbox manager to deselect the pause option...

Now you can open and write the code in the sas studio with out having hanging issue  

cheerio,
nvn
New Contributor

Go to the vm virtualBox manager then click on machine then select pause option ..

next go to the Sasuniversityedition-my folder where you usually store the sas datasets,then delete the file/dataset which causes hanging issue of the sas studio ...

Next go to the vm virtualbox manager to deselect the pause option...

Now you can open and write the code in the sas studio with out having hanging issue  Smiley Happy

cheerio,

nvn

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation