Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS Studio fails to connect after VMWare upgrade.

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Studio fails to connect after VMWare upgrade.

Hi,

(Warning: This note has a happy ending, but I would interested to hear if anyone else experiences the problem outlined)

A couple of days ago, I was using SAS Studio (all nicely up to date according to the Welcome screen) and I was prompted by VMWare to update the player to v12.5.3. I did this update and re-started my PC. SAS Studio had been performing just nicely earlier that evening prior to the VMWare update prompt.

I am using Windows 7 Pro with Firefox 52.0.

After the update of VMWare Player and PC re-start, the VM would start, Linux booted within the VM, and I was presented with the standard character-based screen within the VM that indicates which IP address to use to connect to the SAS server inside the VM's Linux session.

However, when I went to connect via Firefox to start my SAS Studio edition, Firefox reported "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

I did a bit of research and cleared caches and cookies etc but that did not help. I even tried Internet Explorer.......

I downloaded a completely fresh version of SAS University Edition, but that was not the problem.

In the end, I uninstalled the new VMWare Player version, re-started the PC and re-installed the older v 12..0.0.64002 version of VMWare Player. VMWare are to be congratulated for offering a variety of versions to download.

As soon as I did that, SAS Studio lit up just fine and I was much happier.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I notice that the latest VMWare Player version was released only a couple of days before I struck this problem (release date 2017-03-09).

Downunder Dave.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-16-2017 02:45 PM
Contributor

Re: SAS Studio fails to connect after VMWare upgrade.

Hi Art,

Thanks for your note.

I notice that VMWare have just released an even newer version of VMWare Player (VMware-player-12.5.4-5192485.exe released 2017-03-14) which may have resolved the problems I experienced under VMware-player-12.5.3.

I'll give it another whizz when I can.

Cheers,

Downunder Dave.

View solution in original post

All Replies
PROC Star

I upgraded to 12.5.3 build 511892 on Windows 10 64-bit yesterday. Didn't run into any problems, the player now loads a lot quicker, and there was virtually no delay in the browser (Chrome) opening SAS.

Sorry you didn't have the same experience.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

Solution
‎03-16-2017 02:45 PM
Contributor

Hi Art,

Thanks for your note.

I notice that VMWare have just released an even newer version of VMWare Player (VMware-player-12.5.4-5192485.exe released 2017-03-14) which may have resolved the problems I experienced under VMware-player-12.5.3.

I'll give it another whizz when I can.

Cheers,

Downunder Dave.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation