Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS Service Issue

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Service Issue

Hello,

I have been using SAS (SAS University Edition/Virtual Box)  for almost a year now, however just yesterday, I kept getting the message:

Service Temporarily Unavailable - Apache PivotalWebServer Server at localhost Port 10080 .This has been occurring since last night (May 30). Is this a problem on SAS' end, or does it have to do with my Mac OS High Siera 10.13.4? My SAS and MAC are all updated to date. What should I do? Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-01-2018 12:30 PM
Super User

Re: SAS Service Issue

Posted in reply to polar0004

As long as your files are saved in myfolders that doesn’t disappear, those are locally on your computer. If you’re worried you can copy the folder before you delete the VM. 

By Restart the VM, I mean go to Oracle VB and find the restart option and restart it. It’s a ‘computer’ running on your machine and restarting will force it to update. SAS also has a yearly license so if you didn’t upgrade within the year, you licence may be done and you need to redownload it again anyways. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Did you:

1. Restart your VM?

2. Restart your browser?

3. Try a different browser?

4. Download and reinstall if all else fails?

If you’re using Chrome 67 there’s a stated issue on that, search on here for details. 

New Contributor

By restart VM do you mean close completely and open again? If so, then yes. I also restarted my browser, MAC, and used different browsers. I would prefer not to reinstall SAS because I have important files that I need to work on today and I don't want to lose them. Also, for some reason not all my files appear on Jupyter - my most recent 3 files do not appear there. 

Solution
‎06-01-2018 12:30 PM
Super User

As long as your files are saved in myfolders that doesn’t disappear, those are locally on your computer. If you’re worried you can copy the folder before you delete the VM. 

By Restart the VM, I mean go to Oracle VB and find the restart option and restart it. It’s a ‘computer’ running on your machine and restarting will force it to update. SAS also has a yearly license so if you didn’t upgrade within the year, you licence may be done and you need to redownload it again anyways. 

New Contributor

Thank you very much! I realized my Firefox was not up to date, but I also restarted the Oracle VM by powering off the machine first and then opening it up again, and now it's running and working. Thanks again!

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation