Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS OnDemand for Academics post-update issues and fixes

SAS Employee

SAS OnDemand for Academics post-update issues and fixes

Greetings from the SAS OnDemand for Academics Technical Support Team!

We've been seeing an increase with questions regarding the SAS OnDemand for Academics Control Center as well as the SAS Studio application since our Summer Update has completed. I will list some symptoms below that you might see when trying to load both resources in your browser as well as symptoms you might see when attempting to login.

Symptoms with loading:

1. The Control Center make look strange or disorganized.

2. When attempting to login to the Control Center, the loading screen hangs (pinwheel will not stop spinning).

3. When attempting to bring up SAS Studio the loading screen may hang (pinwheel will not stop spinning).

Solution:

Clear the cache/cookies, restart the browser, and reload the webpage.

Symptoms with logging in:

Unable to log into the control center followed by a notification that you have a license hold.

Solution:

This can happen if the license agreement was not re-accepted prior to the summer upgrade. You will need to re-register for a new SAS OnDemand for Academics account.

Thank you,

Marshall Grady

New Contributor

Re: SAS OnDemand for Academics post-update issues and fixes

Hi Magrad,

I would like to note that this problem with SAS onDemand account re-newal persists. I had some days to enter my account due to other obligations and I noticed that entering the SAS onDemand Dashboard the system notified me to re-new my license agreement with the message below:

"Your current license agreement expired on November 16, 2015. Accept the new license agreement to ensure your account remains active."

and a pop-up menu which encourage me to read the licence agreement terms and actually agree in order to retain my account.

Having done so I got the following error message:

"HTTP Status 500 - Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException"

which perstists even if I remove all the SAS-related cookies and restart my web-browser (firefox 38.4.0).

What I could possibly do in order to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

SAS Employee

Hi Theod,

You may want to try using another supported browser such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer when re-registering. Have you tried registering recently? 

If you create a support ticket using the link below, our OnDemand Support team would be more than happy to look into this profile issue you're having.

http://support.sas.com/techsup/ 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Magrad,

Thank you for your immediate response. I follow your suggestion and tried both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer in order to re-register but without any success. I got the same error message as before and the problem persists.

I guess it is better to open a support ticket using the link you mentioned below to let you check the problem more thoroughly.

Thank you for your help and your willingness to check this problem.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation