Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS On demad

New Contributor

SAS On demad

Hi  Team SAS

I have downloaded the SAS studio for my e learning. I am unable to copy paste codes of even the classpath in the properties for pasting it on to the libname.

Pls help.

Shyam

Super User

Re: SAS On demad

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to shyam8883

SAS On Demand is not a download it's a cloud hosted solution that you log in to.

SAS University Edition is a downloaded version that runs on a virtual machine hosted on your computer via Oracle Virtual Box. 

SAS Studio is the interface to SAS in both SAS AoD UE and can be on installed versions at your work as well.

Yes that's confusing at first!

SAS Studio operates in a browser and there is a note usually that certain copy and paste functions don't work. I don't recall if its required that you can use the ones from the menu or the keyboard shortcuts but only one works so try all the different ways. 

CTRL+C/V

Edit>Copy/Paste

Right Click>Copy/Paste

@shyam8883 wrote:

Hi  Team SAS

I have downloaded the SAS studio for my e learning. I am unable to copy paste codes of even the classpath in the properties for pasting it on to the libname.

Pls help.

Shyam

New Contributor

Dear Team SAS

I very well understand that the on-demand SAS is not downloadable and resides in the cloud. All that I want to know is whether I can copy paste codes into the work area and run it - which I am not able to. Also for example I cant copy paste  even the directory path from the properties fields of the folder. Would those tasks be disallowed by the code.In which i have to hard code all my projects.Thanks

Shyam

Valued Guide

Can you tell us:

1. Which browser you are using; and

2. Which of the copy/paste methods described by @Reeza you have tried.

We can then try to replicate what you are doing

New Contributor

Dear Team SAS
Thanks for your prompt response.
I am using the latest version of google chrome 67.0.3396.62 as my browser . I am not able to copy paste even the directory path from the folders / side pane of SAS studio IDE/editor  For example while creating library in the work area using the format libname   , I am not able to copy paste  the path from the properties dialog box , the one you get  when you right click the new folder created. Likewise , I am not able to copy paste codes from the chat box of Simplilearn and have to hard code it each time the tutor sends the code in the chat box. I am currently undergoing e learning with SimpIilearn on Data Science with SASi s there anything missing pls.
Secondly I am unable to download the student edition. When I click the Start button on the Virtual Box it flashes Fatal error :need rebooting...... in the DOS like window. This is even after the download is successfully completed.
Currently I am using the SAS studio hard coding the program and sticking to the Work area , which obviously gets lost once I exit the SAS studio .Pls help .
ThanksShyam
Super User

@shyam8883 wrote:
Dear Team SAS

FYI - this is mostly volunteers responding (including myself), any SAS employees are identified explicitly under their name. Everyone else is someone like you.

@shyam8883 wrote:

Currently I am using the SAS studio hard coding the program and sticking to the Work area , which obviously gets lost once I exit the SAS studio .Pls help .

Either version should allow you to save your programs. You have to save them in myfolder or your user folder, but you can save your programs so that they are not lost once you exit SAS Studio. Click the disk icon and then navigate to the location.

delete_SASAOD.PNG

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation