Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

SAS Enterprise Miner 14.2 student edition not working

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Enterprise Miner 14.2 student edition not working

Hi everyone,

Just tried to use my SAS EM 14.1 and got a message saying 'system failure'. So I decided to format my laptop and reinstall it. When I had finished reinstalling, I realized it was the version 14.2 that was on but it still wouldnt work. I got the message:

'The application has encountered an unexpected problem with the selected SAS environment. Please contact your administrator for assistance'

Can anyone advice me on what to do?

Thanks

Capture23.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Solution
a month ago
SAS Employee

Re: SAS Enterprise Miner 14.2 student edition not working

Hello, @frupaul!

Just to clarify, you are trying to access SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner, correct? 

Our R&D team did an update this past weekend, so all SAS OnDemand for Academics users are using SAS Enterprise Miner 14.2. 

After you installed the new Java version, did you clear your Java cache prior to launching? Also, please be sure that you are launching the jnlp file from the control center rather than a previously downloaded copy.

If you are continuing to experience difficulties accessing SAS Enterprise Miner, please submit email support@sas.com.

Thank you,

Caroline

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Employee

Hello, @frupaul!

What Java version do you have installed? We recommend version 8, update 112 or version 8, update 121. You can check your Java version by typing "java -version" into the Command Prompt window.

If you have another version, please uninstall and install the recommended Java Runtime Environment. The downloads can be found HERE.

Also, please clear your Java cache if you have not already done so. There are step by step instructions on THIS Communities page.

Hope this helps!

Caroline

Contributor

Hello Caroline,

I have just followed what you instructed me to do, cleared cache and still experience the same problem with the exact same message.

The version of Java I have has always allowed SAS EM to run. I have uploaded photos showing what the version the command prompt says I have and the download file for the one I actually installed.

I really need this to work. Please help

download_file.JPGPrompt_version.JPG
SAS Employee

Hello, @frupaul.

I just uninstalled my Java and reverted to the version you have installed and can confirm that I was unable to launch SAS Enterprise Miner from the SAS OnDemand for Academics control center.

I would recommend uninstalling your current version of Java and installing one of the recommended versions. File name jre-8u121-windows-x64.exe should work for you.

Thank you,

Caroline

Contributor

Hi Caroline,

I have just uninstalled my previous version of java and installed the one you sent me and I still experience the same problem.

Do you use SAS EM 14.2 or 14.1?

Solution
a month ago
SAS Employee

Hello, @frupaul!

Just to clarify, you are trying to access SAS OnDemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner, correct? 

Our R&D team did an update this past weekend, so all SAS OnDemand for Academics users are using SAS Enterprise Miner 14.2. 

After you installed the new Java version, did you clear your Java cache prior to launching? Also, please be sure that you are launching the jnlp file from the control center rather than a previously downloaded copy.

If you are continuing to experience difficulties accessing SAS Enterprise Miner, please submit email support@sas.com.

Thank you,

Caroline

Contributor

Hi Caroline,

Thanks. After launching it from the control centre I can confirm it works.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation