Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Receiving error while expanding snippets in SAS Studio 3.3

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Receiving error while expanding snippets in SAS Studio 3.3

I am using SAS 9.4 in Linux and have installed SAS Studio Basic 3.3

Through SAS links and documentation , I came to know that there are some default snippets available in SAS Studio, but I am not getting any in SAS Studio 3.3.

I am encountering the below error while I double click Snippets:

"An unknown error occurred while processing your request.Contact your system administrator to resolve. You may need to reset your SAS session to continue working"

I am now wondering if the snippets are licensed?

Any idea?

Regards,

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-27-2015 03:35 AM
Contributor

Re: Receiving error while expanding snippets in SAS Studio 3.3

Posted in reply to Damien_Mather

My SAS Studio Basic 3.3 Snippets issue is resolved now. Thanks to SAS Tech Support and their development team. They identified the issue as having to do with a timezone value.

Was informed that this issue will be fixed in SAS Studio Basic 3.4 release.

Cheers,

Abhijit

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Manager

Posted in reply to Abhijit_gsk

In SAS University Edition, snippets are free and should be visible, our product manager tells me. Are you trying to access them through University Edition? If so, that's your problem, as SAS Studio 3.3 has not been released yet for UE. Here's some documentation on snippets in SAS Studio 3.3. If you still run into trouble, contact Tech Support.

-
Bev Brown
Visit me on LinkedIn.
Twitter too: @BevBrown
Thank you for using SAS.jpg
Contributor

Posted in reply to BeverlyBrown

Hi Beverly,

Thanks for your response.

I am using SAS Studio 3.3 Basic and facing issue in snippets.

I have also raised a track with US SAS Tech support and waiting for their update.

Regards,

Abhijit

Frequent Contributor

Hi Beverly.

I am using the recently-released SAS Studio 3.3 University Edition, and I get the same error as Abhijit, see screenshot below. This occurred in a new process flow in a freshly booted host OS and VM guest OS.

Everything else seems to be working well. I am enjoying the visual process flow interface. I guess I should also open a track with tech support, right?

Cheers.

Damien

StudioUE_3_3_SnippetErr1.jpg

Community Manager

Thank you for letting us know what's working well and what isn't! Yes, open a Tech Support track to iron out that error message issue. Appreciate your feedback very much.

-
Bev Brown
Visit me on LinkedIn.
Twitter too: @BevBrown
Thank you for using SAS.jpg
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, but no need to thank me. I'm _so_ on board with SAS in this in so many ways. The process of user co-engagement in the development of product or service functionality together with the firm (something that the SAS Institute has _always_ had with its users) is only relatively recently (in 'academic' time scale) being elaborated as a taught exemplar marketing orientation in some business schools, including mine (Otago Business School). Look up 'value co-creation', and wonder why SAS was never cited as an early exemplar of the paradigm. I do.

My SAS user experience contrasts starkly with that with SPSS Inc. For 18 years SPSS ignored repeated independent user requests to replace the deterministic cluster seed start point algorithm in it's k-means clustering procedure. Can you believe that for decades their procedure used the first k observations in the data set? 

Solution
‎04-27-2015 03:35 AM
Contributor

My SAS Studio Basic 3.3 Snippets issue is resolved now. Thanks to SAS Tech Support and their development team. They identified the issue as having to do with a timezone value.

Was informed that this issue will be fixed in SAS Studio Basic 3.4 release.

Cheers,

Abhijit

Frequent Contributor

Hi Abhijit.

My similar problem seems to be taking a little while longer for to tech support to sort out.

I have tried tech support suggestions to date including deleting my SAS UE VM appliance downloading the latest, reverting settings for memory and shared folders and restarting and all suggestions have also been replicated on my home desktop as well. Still the error persists,

In the meantime, would you be so kind as to explain in a little more detail what steps your tech support advised in order for you to resolve your snippets error problem?

Cheers.

Damien

Contributor

Hi Damien,

Please try the below workaround:

Make a backup copy of this file:

<SASHome>/SASStudioBasic/3.3/war/resources/sas/getSetinitInfo.sas.txt

And then edit getSetinitInfo.sas.txt as follows:

At the top of the file add this code:

%let _origsyntaxcheck=%sysfunc(getoption(syntaxcheck));

options nosyntaxcheck;

And this code at the end of the file to restore the original default option value:

options &_origsyntaxcheck;

Please let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Abhijit

Frequent Contributor

Hi Abhijit.

Thanks for the workaround.

Since my problem is with the latest SAS University Edition virtual appliance, I am unable to apply any such changes myself to the locked down SAS system inside the virtual box. However it is quite useful: I can suggest it to the tech support team who are working the problem. It might be something that can be applied to the new virtual appliance version for a special version for download for SAS University Edition users who experience this error.

Cheers.

Damien

N/A

Hi Damien,

The solution above described where the sol is to just change the timezone value works. You don't need to worry about your VmWare or virtual box. Just change the Timezone to Central US&Canada and reload your sas. You will be able to see your snippets folder populated Smiley Happy

SAS Super FREQ

This issue is fixed in the latest version of SAS University Edition, available for download here:

Free Statistical Software, SAS University Edition | SAS

SAS Employee

Posted in reply to RandyMullis

If you don't want to do a whole new download, you can also just do an update.  This fix was pushed in early May (see Release Notes  for the running list of updates available).  To do an update, just go to your Info Center page - see How do I update to the latest release of SAS University Edition? for more detail.

Occasional Contributor

This issue persists for me in a SAS University Edition virtual appliance that I downloaded today.  The "update" link also fails after a few seconds.

N/A

Just downloaded on 2nd August and it has the same problem.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 like
  • 8 in conversation