Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Re: Unable to read file off disk

Super User

See the Analytics U forum under Learning. And check the University Edition FAQ. 

At setup, you followed the instructions exactly, so somewhere you have a myfolders set up. Place the file in there and access according to the instructions. 

http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/shared_folder_whatis.htm

Sometimes its a bit of a maze but the majority of standard questions involved in using SAS UE are answered here:

http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/main.htm

Occasional Learner

Unable to read file off disk

I am unable to read a simple data file: I get this error:

ERROR: The path
/Users/dkakadia/Downloads/SASUniversityEdition/myfolders/HBAT_tabs.txt
is not in the list of accessible paths when SAS is in the lockdown state.

I have the data file in the same directory as the sample code and yet it still complains.

It can clearly access the file, I read the posts about the VMs and making sure you point to inside the SAS environment.
What is this lockdown state, and how to resolve ?

Please advise .

thanks

Super Contributor

Two things - can you show the code, including the full filename statement, and a screenshot of the shared folders configuration of your VM box?

With University Edition, because SAS is running in a Linux virtual machine, you have to be very particular about how the sharing is set up. It's not hard to do, but it needs to be precise.

Super User

Use

/folders/myfolders/HBAT_tabs.txt

as your filename.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation