Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Re: I am not able to access my excel file using SAS studio and cant create library either.

Occasional Contributor

Re: I am not able to access my excel file using SAS studio and cant create library either.

i have created shared folder and i tried creating library into that path too...but it kept throwing errors.

code used: libname mylib "C:/SASUniversityEdition/myfolders/sasuser.v94/myfolder";

log:

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

42 ;

43 libname mylib "C:/SASUniversityEdition/myfolders/sasuser.v94/myfolder";

NOTE: Library MYLIB does not exist.

45 ;

46 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

56 ;

SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Please see this posting in response to one of your previous posts: https://communities.sas.com/thread/58572 There is an example of a LIBNAME statement and some other statements in that post that are relevant to this question. When you set up a path on your C:\ drive, you have to share that C:\drive location with your virtualization software (please see the documentation for your particular Virtual Machine about setting up shared folders). Then you will need to refer to your location with Unix slashes. For example, if I have this location on my C:\ drive:

c:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\ECPRG1 <--- share this location using your Virtual Machine settings

then the libname statement in my University Edition machine would be:

LIBNAME mydata '/folders/myfolders/ECPRG1';

For more information about setting up shared folders, look at this document: http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/docs/SASUniversityEditionInstallGuideWin...

VMware Player setup page 5

Virtual Box setup page 10

Chapter 6 on using shared folders page 17

The bottom line is that you cannot directly address Windows drive locations from inside the Unix/Linux version of SAS in your Virtual Machine.

cynthia

Occasional Contributor

Thank you...your answer was really helpful.

I have a few more queries

1. Now i can upload my file...but it dissappers once i close its VM instance...how to store it permanently?

2. How can i deliver the code i write as a service?

3. SAS studio helps me in creating backend...how can this be delivered to a client?

4. How can i make an applicationout of the sas code?

5. can logarithmic operations be done on a new attribute that i am creating?

SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Sorry, I did not see the subsequent posting.

1) you must save the file into a shared location that the VM can see. SAS will have visibility of the data set only as long as the LIBNAME statement is active. When you first start up SAS in your University Edition, you do not have any LIBNAMEs active, so you must generally issue LIBNAME statements as one of your first steps when starting up SAS. As long as the file (SAS dataset) or raw data file is on disk, you can always point to it using the appropriate syntax: LIBNAME statement to the shared folder for a SAS dataset or INFILE statement for a raw data file that is in the shared folder.

2) I do not know what you mean by "deliver the code I write as a service" -- a web service? I know that you can create web services using the BI Platform, but I do not believe that you can turn the SAS University Edition code into a web service. That would be a question for Tech Support.

3) SAS University Edition is not intended for commercial use.

4) I do not exactly know what you mean by "application". When you use the BI Platform (part of SAS, but not part of the University Edition), you could turn your code into a stored process that could run in many different client applications, such as the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office, SAS Web Report Studio, SAS Information Delivery Portal, etc; otherwise, for making a "package" of your code, you could learn about the SAS Macro Language, which allows you to flexible re-runnable code.

5) I am not sure what you mean by "a new attribute" -- is this a statistical analysis that you're running and you want a logarithmic operation of some kind. Look in the SAS documentation for the LOG functions and/or look in the ODS GRAPHICS documentation about logarithmic axes for graphs. This is probably another question for Tech Support.

cynthia

Occasional Contributor

suppose i make a code...which takes input from a dataset and then i make 3 different graph...now i want it to show only the dropdown for the column names and also for the 3 graphs that i want so that we can choose 1.type of graph 2. X-axis of graph 3. Y-axis of graph

New Contributor

Hi,

I am having the same problem but when I try to use ecprg1 when adding my path to the virtual box it will not let me click ok to add it. Any suggestions?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation