Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Programming 1 course datafiles with no rows or colums

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Programming 1 course datafiles with no rows or colums

I am taking the eLearning Programming 1 course using SAS studio. Each time I start the program up to follow along with the course, I submit code to establish the ORION Library which contains all the work files for the exercises.

The Orion Library points to the ecprg193 folder. Although I could originally access the the nonsales.sas7bdat and nonsales2.sas7bdat datasets, they are now empty of data and variables.

What can I do to revive these sets? They are the sets which are used in Lesson 9. While missing I cannot do the exercises.

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks so much. The SAS training environment is wonderful as is the Studio verson of SAS.

Alex

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-06-2015 06:25 PM
Super User

Re: Programming 1 course datafiles with no rows or colums

Not as far as I know. But the examples online via the documentation typically have the datasets to replicate the examples in full.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Go back to the first lesson where you set up the data and re-run that program to reset the files. Most likely you overwrite them when writing some code Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

That worked... of course the dataset creation in the intro... just go back and run the code again... "happy, happy, joy, joy",

Should I also have data in the SASHELP data folder on my local drive full of the same data which is in the SASHELP library? The SASHELP folder has no data, but the library is full of content. Where does the content for the Library SASHELP come from?

Also, I assume the SASHELP data is useful for exploring new procedures, etc. Is there a repository of example code which goes along with the SASHELP data?

Thank you from the new old guy.

Lex

Super User

The SASHELP library contains SAS supplied data. It is a very bad idea to attempt to add or delete things from there.

There should be several data sets that are often used with example programs in the SAS online documentation and some of the solutions posted on this forum such as SASHELP.Class, SASHELP.Cars, SASHELP.Demographics and others.

There are also things related to installed modules and the data views that maintain the information about current libraries, datasets, titles, variables and such.

Solution
‎10-06-2015 06:25 PM
Super User

Not as far as I know. But the examples online via the documentation typically have the datasets to replicate the examples in full.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much for your time and all.

Lex
🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation