Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Problem with creating my folders in Oracle VirtualBox

Occasional Contributor

Problem with creating my folders in Oracle VirtualBox

Today I installed the Oracle VirtualBox and downloaded the SAS University Edition vApp. I cannot create a folder for my data and results (step 3 in the Quickstart guide). I get the following error message:

The machine is not mutable or running (state is Saved).

Resultaatcode:VBOX_E_INVALID_VM_STATE (0x80BB0002)

ComponentSmiley FrustratedessionMachine

Interface:IMachine

I enclosed a screenshot. The test next to the red cross is written in Dutch. Myfolders is located on the H drive which the network drive.

How can I solve this problem?

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Problem with creating my folders in Oracle VirtualBox

Hi, @chan01. Your virtual machine needs to be completely shut down, not just suspended. Make sure you used the Machine->Close->Power off menu item.

Please power it off and try again!

Thanks,

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Hi Randy,

Thank for your quick reply.

Your suggestion helped me a lot but I am now seeing a "A shared folder named "myfolders" was not found on the virtual machine" message in the Information Center. I have juist installed the latest version of the SAS University Edition, so I don't see the need to update tot this version. 

What can I do to solve this problem? 

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @chan01! When you start the SAS University Edition virtual machine, the Information Center will do a check to make sure you have a Shared Folder called "myfolders". Note that it needs to be a valid Shared Folder and the name must be all lower-case. Please compared your Shared Folders to this and make sure it looks similar. Let me know if addressing any descrepancies makes a difference.

Thanks!

Randysharedfolders.png

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Randy,

I am encountering an update issue:

- I see the message “The download completed successfully. To apply the updates now, click Update. See details about the updates.”

- I click on the “Update” button.

- A progress bar appears with 0% progress

- The message ”the update has failed. Click Update to try again.” appears.

I have closed down the VirtualBox completely. I have emptied the cache of the internet explorer but I am still getting the message ”the update has failed. Click Update to try again.”

I also get the following messag after clicking on the “Start SAS Studio” button:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache PivotalWebServer Server at localhost Port 10080

What can I do?

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @chan01. Sometimes it works to use a completely different browser. Please give that a try.

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I used the Firefox browser.

This time I ignored the download message "the SAS University Edition updates are available for download. This size of the download is 14.5MB." because I downloaded the latest edition.

I went straight to the " Start SAS studio" buttion.

The same message  "503 Service Temporarily Unavaiable" appeared.

SAS Employee

@chan01 the 14.5MB update contains the fix for the "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" error message you are seeing. Try updating SAS University Edition using your Firefox browser.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Using Firefox did not work. I have tried twice. Both times I waited 30 minutes but still got the progress bar with 0% progress (see screenshot).

Do you have another suggestions?

Screenshot no update SAS University Edition.jpg
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation