Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Problem updating to latest version of SAS University Edition

Regular Contributor

Problem updating to latest version of SAS University Edition

Yesterday when I started SAS University Edition I saw the notice saying that an update was available. I downloaded the update and attempted to apply it. The update failed (I find this is invariably the case - to be honest I can't recall the last time an "update" worked...).

I then downloaded the latest version, deleted the old app from Virtual Box and installed the new one. I find I'm still getting the message telling me updates are available - is there a known fix for this?

I use the app on an iMac through Virtual Box.

Super Contributor

Re: Problem updating to latest version of SAS University Edition

One of my more frequent Twitter hashtags: #ithoughtitwasjustme

SAS Employee

Two apologies. One for the updates failing (we really are working on this - have narrowed it down to issues with cookies that I'm hoping we get figured out soon since it's really frustrating) and one for the lag with the download. The update gets pushed separately from the process that puts the new download file out. And as you're seeing, the new download isn't out yet. It should be out tomorrow and I'll post when it's all done. You should be able to work by just ignoring the update button for now or you can try clearing cookies. This is a small update that is dealing with the weird editor behavior in chrome so no major new functionality. Again - sorry and sorry!
Super Contributor

Ta. No worries, really.

There's some weird editor behaviour in Safari as well - it's replicating some lines at the bottom of code which are hard to get rid of.

Regular Contributor

Thanks Amy - I'll keep an eye out for the notification about the new download.

Chris

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation