Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Problem downloading SAS university edition

New Contributor

Problem downloading SAS university edition

Hello,

I tried downloading SAS a no. of times but unfortunately it didnt happen. Again it is now showing I have exceeded the maximum download limit and now I cant download. Kindly help.I badly need it and could not download it even once. \

Regards,

Archita.

Super User

Re: Problem downloading SAS university edition

Get in contact with SAS technical support. We can't reset your download limit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, @archita@KurtBremser is correct. You can just send a note to support@sas.com or call 1-800-727-0025. 

It's important to determine why you are having problems with the download. I'm certain that the download servers have been available. Since the OVA file with the virtual machine is about 2GB, you do need to have a decent network. Sometimes we encourage folks to go somewhere they know has a speedy and robust network. You could download it to the USB drive from somewhere else.

In any case, resetting your download limit won't fix the problem unless you figure out what is going on.

Thanks,

Randy

Super User

I guess it would be a great help for people in (internet-wise) bad locations if SAS supplied the ova file in a form that would allow download with really robust clients (think ftp with the option to resume a crashed download).

I can still remember downloading Linux images where I could see that the client restarted the download 20+ times, so I would never have been able to get the SW in one go. And that were just single .iso images.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation