Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Problem downloading SAS university edition

New Contributor

Problem downloading SAS university edition

I'm a student with SAS University Edition trying to work on a project. After quite a bit of use, I'll get an error code--something to the effect of: "ERROR: Insufficient space in file [filename] is damaged. I/O processing did not complete." I've scoured the forums for a fix to this issue, but the only one that works in my experience is deleting and re-installing the SAS University Edition .ova file into VirtualBox. All in all, over the past year or two using this for class projects, I've only had to do this four or five times--not too bad.

Today was the fifth time--normally a small nuisance, but today the link to the download is broken (screenshot below). Gasp! Can anyone offer a helping hand here? Where can I download a copy of SAS University Edition?

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 4.55.37 PM.png

Super User

Re: Problem downloading SAS university edition

If you're in an absolute bind look at either SAS UE via AWS or the Independent Learner path in Academics Online version. 

I thought they emailed you a link to follow for download but it's been a while. Is that what's giving the message shown? 

New Contributor

They don't email it anymore--they just direct you to this site (screenshot below). I click the download button and the first picture is what I see. I'll saw that AWS was an option but that it might charge me fees? Is that correct? And that second option--thank you for the suggestions. I will check that out and see if it can work.Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 5.21.05 PM.png

Super User

If you've never used AWS before you get a free year of service. You get charged after the year for the server usage. I think I checked and it was going to cost <$10 a month if I kept it running all the time. If you shut down the service, it will cost you less.

Here's a quick rundown:

https://statgeeks.wordpress.com/2017/01/

I just tested it out again and the download started correctly for me, I would suggest trying it again. 

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @theBaron, the page you received indicating maintenance was in progress was accurate. When the download site (the SAS Store) needs maintenance,  it is usually done on a Saturday morning. This isn't too frequent but does need to take place sometimes.

Randy

New Contributor

Posted in reply to RandyMullis
While the website was still down, I was able to download the .ova file on my fiancée’s laptop even while it failed for me. I then AirDropped the .ova file to myself.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation