Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Problem downloading SAS university edition

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Problem downloading SAS university edition

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

It's Mrinal from India. I have been tring to download sas university edition from last one month. I have atleast tried 10 times to download it but everytime there was an error. I am tired now of tring to download. what is the problem with sas server? Is there any alternative download option available, like torrent of FTP? Can any one help plz!

Thanks,

Mrinal

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-14-2016 10:46 AM
SAS Employee

Re: Problem downloading SAS university edition

@lotus9 there is no torrent available for SAS University Edition. I would recommend trying a wired connection to download University Edition. It is a 1.8 GB file, so it will take some time to download. 

Like @Reeza said, if you cannot download University Edition, your alternatives are University Edition on AWS or SAS OnDemand for Academics.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

It's a big file, do you have a fast reliable connection?

You have two other options but both are probably useless if you don't have a fast reliable connection. 

One is SAS UE via AWS and the other is SAS On Demand, choose the independent learner track. 

Additionally you can contact SAS directly at support@sas.com to see if you have any other alternatives. 

New Contributor

Yes the connection is reliable and is a 3G GSM connection. I am wondering if there is any torrent available.

I think there is a confusion, it is my very first post in SAS community.

Solution
‎06-14-2016 10:46 AM
SAS Employee

@lotus9 there is no torrent available for SAS University Edition. I would recommend trying a wired connection to download University Edition. It is a 1.8 GB file, so it will take some time to download. 

Like @Reeza said, if you cannot download University Edition, your alternatives are University Edition on AWS or SAS OnDemand for Academics.

New Contributor

Thank you @DaniChiavegatto & @Reeza for your prompt help. Thank you very much. I will gonna try with a wired connection. Lets hope for the best.

Super User

3G GSM? Isn't that cellular? What's the download speed on that. My guess is it's to too slow for the almost 2GB file. 

New Contributor

Hello Reeza,

Yup it is cellular and the speed is approxiamtely 1Mbps. However i succeeded to download the whole file this time using internet explorer with the same 3G cellular connection. I dont know what was the problem with firefox and free download managed both failed after 99%. Internet explorer also stoped for few minutes after 99% but atlast it did the job. Smiley Very Happy

Super User

Your other question implies you have SAS UE working. I'm confused. 

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation