Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Problem downloading SAS University Edition - "permission denied"

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor FMC
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Problem downloading SAS University Edition - "permission denied"

Hello, I am trying to download SAS University Edition. When I click on the download button, it opens a new tab for downloading, but then I get the message "permission denied". I have tried it on 3 different browsers, I have cleared cache and cookies, and I have added sas.com to the "exceptions" for downloading. Nothing works. I do not have access to another computer. I am using my home network, it is a ADSL 4mb network. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-20-2017 01:01 PM
New Contributor FMC
New Contributor

Re: Problem downloading SAS University Edition - "permission denied"

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to RandyMullis

Hi @RandyMullis, I was finally able to download it today =) I was initially using VMware Player. After trying everything everyone suggested, I decided to uninstall VMware and try Virtual Box instead. Then it worked right away. So, the problem was VMware and not SAS itself. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @FMC. There was an issue with the SAS Store at the time you encountered this problem. Can you try again and let me know if you're successful?

Thanks,

Randy

New Contributor FMC
New Contributor

Hi, @RandyMullis, thanks for getting back to me on this. Unfortunately, I am still having the same problem. I tried downloading it on Chrome and on Firefox, and got "permission denied" on both browsers. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Fernanda

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @FMC. If you have another computer you can access, it would be interesting to see if you can download it there.  I would also like to know what geographic region you are in.

If you want to pusure it with Technical Support (which I'd recommend), you can call 1-800-727-0025 or send email to support@sas.com.

When this was happening last week, it was tied to a specific incident. I'm not sure why it is happening now. Given the number of downloads we have every day and that we're not having a large number of these, I'm still looking into it for those who have seen a problem. 

Thanks,

Randy

SAS Super FREQ

Also, @FMC, if you could include a screen capture, that would be helpful.

Solution
‎03-20-2017 01:01 PM
New Contributor FMC
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @RandyMullis, I was finally able to download it today =) I was initially using VMware Player. After trying everything everyone suggested, I decided to uninstall VMware and try Virtual Box instead. Then it worked right away. So, the problem was VMware and not SAS itself. Thanks for the help!

SAS Super FREQ

Great, thanks for the update, @FMC!

Randy

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation