Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

ORACLE connection

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

ORACLE connection

Good evening SAS Community,

I am a beginner with SAS and for a project, Im using Talend with Oracle and for reporting Im want to use SAS. I had downloaded SAS University Edition and I had found in some forum that its not possible with that version of SAS. I had written "libname myoralib oracle" and its not working? i have no idea what should I do.. I read i need SAS ACCESS and a odbc
I'm lost
If anyone could help me i would be so thankful

Capture.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-17-2016 06:20 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: ORACLE connection

I would consult with your school's IT department. Usually, they have a network file share you access to install SAS and then you apply the license code (called a SID or SETINIT) during the deployment process. Sometimes they provide you with DVDs. You might also find the information online for your school. For example, here's the IT page for SAS at UCLA:

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/sas/

(Just an example)

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, Halima. The components to access Oracle from within SAS University Edition are not included. The purpose of University Edition is to learn to code in SAS. You can learn most of SAS programming in University Edition, and then consult the documentation to learn how to access Oracle. 

Regards,

Randy 

New Contributor

Sorry to bother you Randy Mullis,
but in my case what should I do if I want to get access to oracle?

Regards

SAS Super FREQ

You would need to purchase a SAS license. If you are enrolled in a university, you might be able to use it through the school. Access to Oracle is through a component called SAS/Acess to Relational Databases.

New Contributor

Yeeeees, I'm enrolled in an university and the professor told us that therez a partnership between Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah and SAS
How could I download it? thank you so muuch again

Solution
‎01-17-2016 06:20 PM
SAS Super FREQ

I would consult with your school's IT department. Usually, they have a network file share you access to install SAS and then you apply the license code (called a SID or SETINIT) during the deployment process. Sometimes they provide you with DVDs. You might also find the information online for your school. For example, here's the IT page for SAS at UCLA:

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/sas/

(Just an example)

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation