Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Now available: An easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to University Edition

Community Manager

Now available: An easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to University Edition

[ Edited ]

You just downloaded the SAS University Edition, with visions of establishing yourself as a SAS programmer. Or to teach others to program. Now what?

Getting Ron Cody's new book, An Introduction to SAS University Edition, may be a smart next step. The book by Cody, a SAS user since 1977, is the first to be published about University edition. It will acquaint you with the point-and-click environment in SAS Studio (University Edition's interface) and will help you get comfortable with programming with SAS.  You can order it here.

AnIntroToUniversityEdition.jpgThe book's first section focuses on installing and configuring University Edition  and using the built-in tasks to import and describe data as well as create reports and charts.

The second section teaches you how to use SAS as a programming language and relies heavily on simple examples. Although there is extensive online information on how to use the University Edition, you'll probably appreciate having everything you need in a single book.

"This book earns a place on my desk, within easy reach”

“With SAS University Edition, SAS provides anyone who has an interest in analysis with many of the powerful tools available in regular SAS – but for free (and they throw in some extremely useful functionality not in the licensed version)," said Christopher Battiston, 

Wait Times Coordinator at Women's College Hospital in Toronto.

“Dr. Cody takes his amazing talent for explaining SAS and puts it into this book. New and experienced SAS users will appreciate this amazing resource. Covering everything from arrays to the wide range of functions available to the user, he takes SAS University Edition and distills it down to the components that an experienced SAS user is familiar with, but in a way that a new user can feel comfortable reading and be capable of using.

“I cannot recommend this book highly enough for anyone starting out in data analysis – this book earns a place on my desk, within easy reach.”   

Ideal as high school or college text

Highly detailed screen captures explain University Edition's installation, configuration, and built-in tasks. Like his book, Learning SAS by Example, this one includes problem sets and solutions so that it's ideal as a high school or college text. 

It's highly recommended for any course that includes SAS programming, including statistics courses, biostatistics courses (especially in school of public health), educational research courses, psychology statistics courses, and economics statistics. It also complements these SAS training courses:

• Programming I and II
  • SAS Functions by Example
  • SAS Data Cleaning Techniques

-
Bev Brown
Visit me on LinkedIn.
Twitter too: @BevBrown
Thank you for using SAS.jpg
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes