Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

New version installation

Occasional Contributor

New version installation

Hello All,

I will be pleased for your support on this issue with my SAS. I have gotten this information to install a new version of the VirtualBox. The last time I did it, a new virtualBox was installed and I had a problem is using it. I had to install the virtualBox and install a new one. Currently, I have done a lot of analysis which I want to keep in the system so I don't want to make the same mistake again.

Can someone please show me step by step how to handle this message (see attached) in installing this new version of VirtualBox.

Thank you.

Edmund

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 22.06.23.png
Occasional Contributor

Re: New version installation

I also have this warning indicating an expiration of my SAS by end of the month.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 22.28.14 (2).png
Occasional Contributor

I also have this warning indicating an expiration of my SAS by end of the month.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 22.28.14 (2).pngScreen Shot 2017-07-19 at 22.28.14 (2).png
SAS Employee

[ Edited ]

Hello, @Kydanso!

When I updated my version of VirtualBox today, all I had to do was close VirtualBox and download the new one from Oracle's website. All of my existing virtual machines were in the updated VirtualBox Manager. However, if you are concerned about losing your work, please verify that the work is saved on your local machine prior to attempting the update. You should have set up a shared myfolders with VirtualBox where all of your data is located.

Also, it looks like your virtual machine operating system was changed to Mac. Please be sure that your virtual machine settings match the settings in this SAS Note to avoid unexpected behavior.

You can check out this thread regarding the SAS University Edition update, but the basic steps are produced below.

Hope this helps!

Caroline

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Caroline for the quick response, I am actually using a mac machine. Does it change anything about your response.

Edmund

SAS Employee

Hello, @Kydanso!

Nope! I saw that you are using a Mac in your attached pictures (thank you for those, by the way!) and updated the instructions accordingly.

If you experience any issues during the updates, please submit a track to SAS Technical Support by emailing support@sas.com.

Caroline

Occasional Contributor

Hello Caroline,

Kindly clarify this step for me, if one uses Mac.

Remove the virtual machine from VirtualBox

• Cmd-click on the virtual machine
  • Click 'Remove'
  • Select 'Delete all files'
    • This deletes all files associated with the virtual machine, not your actual program files that are saved locally

Does this mean deleting the VirtualBox from my computer and installing a new one? If so, kindly help me how to delete the current one.

Edmund

SAS Employee

Hello, @Kydanso!

I see that you submitted a track. I'll reach out to you via email so we can set up a time do to a WebEx and go through the update together!

Caroline

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Caroline. I will be expecting your mail.

Thanks.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation