Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

New to using SAS

Occasional Learner

New to using SAS

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to save the results of an SAS program as a lst extension? I only see options to save it as a pdf or html. 

Super User

Re: New to using SAS

See this thread: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/Does-anybody-know-how-to-display-Listing-output-in-SA...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User

LST was the default results window about a decade ago. HTML has been the default for the last while. Any book that recommends LST is probably old and it may be worth looking into working with HTML, unless you need some specific output that still only goes to LST.

Super User

Reeza wrote:

LST was the default results window about a decade ago. HTML has been the default for the last while. Any book that recommends LST is probably old and it may be worth looking into working with HTML, unless you need some specific output that still only goes to LST.

Well, I have to admit that I do like using text(lst) output. Its simple format makes posting results here (in a well-formatted manner) much easier.

So my EG is set up to create both HTML and Text output.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation