Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

New To SAS

New Contributor

New To SAS

Hi everyone,

I am very new to using SAS, it's does seems  almost impossible to understands the step by step process of SAS usage.

I have been read many youtube clips, but still find find hard to understand SAS. This is very import for me to understand SAS, as it's part of my modules at the University.

Can anyone explain the uses of SAS better in the following areas please?;

• Data manipulation:
• Dealing with missing data
• Identifying outliers
• Correlations
• Data integration
• Machine learning for ((the use of multiple machine learning algorithms from each class is encouraged):
• Classification
• Prediction
• Clustering
• Network analysis
• Time series analysis
• Regression

Any help will be well appreciated.

Many thanks.

Attachment
Super User

Re: New To SAS

To gain knowledge in all the areas you mentioned, one usually attends the necessary SAS trainings over the course of a year or even longer.

So you must understand that your question is much too broad for the scope of this community, which is intended to help people deal with specific problems in the use of the SAS system.

If your university uses SAS, they surely provide courses for SAS. Or at least direct you to online courses that you can complete using SAS UE or SAS on Demand for Academics.

The simple answer to your question is: yes, SAS can be used for all of these.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
New Contributor

Thanks.

SAS Super FREQ

[ Edited ]

Just to add to what @KurtBremser said, @vistar:  I would recommend to start with the two free eLearning classes, SAS Programming 1 and Statistics 1, which you can find here.

It will be a matter of taking small, discrete steps to get where you want, but if you are serious and dedicated, you can do it.

Randy

New Contributor

Thank you very much! That's very helpful.

I appreciate your comment.

Super User

I slightly changed @RandyMullis link to the free courses so it opens in a new page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation