Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

New SAS user with questions? Bring them to Analytics U Office Hours!

Community Manager

New SAS user with questions? Bring them to Analytics U Office Hours!

[ Edited ]

Did your last attempt to install SAS University Edition go sideways? Libref or PROC whatever won’t do your bidding?

Analytics U Office Hours.jpgAsk for help today in the Analytics U Community during SAS Analytics U Office Hours. Post a question on the forum and receive real-time assistance from top problem solvers standing by to respond. 

When?

Wednesday, Sept. 27, 1:00-2:00 p.m. and 4:00-5:00 p.m. ET

Who can participate?

Anyone who downloads SAS University Edition or accesses our other free learning option, SAS OnDemand for Academics. Visit our website to figure out which will work best for you.

Posting a question during office hours:

Any SAS learner is welcome, whether you’re a university freshmen still unpacking your suitcase or a professor using SAS OnDemand for Academics in the classroom. Maybe you're an independent adult learner augmenting your skill set with SAS, among the world’s most in-demand, best-paying career skills.

Are you a K-12 educator? Or part of a college or university looking to include SAS among your school’s offerings? SAS grew out of and loves academia. We’ll be standing by for you too, ready to help you get started.

I’m in! So, how does this work?

Say you have one of the issues mentioned above or want someone knowledgeable to critique your code. Maybe you want to use University Edition, but the purpose you have in mind is in a gray area of the end-user license agreement.

Read my article on how to get fast, helpful answers. Then, at whichever date and time is most convenient for you:

1. Visit the Analytics U Community home page and sign in. (Lurk all you want without signing in, but posting is for members only.)
  2. Select New Message
  3. Type your question in the subject line.
  4. Elaborate on the question in the body of the message. You can insert SAS code using the “running man” icon in the tool bar.
  5. Hit Post and wait. Soon, you’ll benefit from expert replies, aimed at getting you up to speed as quickly as possible.

What if my issue is super complicated?

If a question requires some time for research, we’ll let you know. If your scenario is better-addressed by SAS Technical Support, we’ll let you know that too.

Community Manager

Re: New SAS user with questions? Bring them to Analytics U Office Hours!

[ Edited ]

Analytics U Office Hours Sept 13.JPG

And that's a wrap for the Sept. 13, 2017 edition of Analytics U Office Hours. Many of the folks pictured here keep a watchful eye on this forum to make sure your questions get prompt, helpful answers. (My Wingate University T-shirt and I are in the picture twice since I missed the group shot last time!)

See all that green in the upper-right corner? The green represents solved topics in some of our busiest forums. We appreciate your help contributing helpful answers that end up benefitting your fellow SAS users long after you've posted them and moved on.

Anyone interested in a post highlighting the most popular topics on this board or others? Comment below!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation