Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Need to Rectify error messages occuring while creating a program in SAS university edition

New Contributor

Need to Rectify error messages occuring while creating a program in SAS university edition

Hi All,

I am trying to run a program in SAS university edition where I am reading the data from a txt file stored in my C drive.

However, When I am trying to access that data file via infile statement along with the path as "folders\myfolders\<text file> it shows an error as "ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/folders\myfolders\scores.txt."

Kindly tell me how to rectify the mentioned above error.

For reference please find the attached snapshot of the log window from the SAS studio.

error_msg.JPG
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Need to Rectify error messages occuring while creating a program in SAS university edition

Please use forward slashes (/) and use a leading slash (/folders/...).

Randy
New Contributor

Re: Need to Rectify error messages occuring while creating a program in SAS university edition

Hi Randy ,

Even with the forward / still it shows an error message physical file doesn't exist. but now the error message is reduced to "ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /folders/myfolders/60864/scores.txt."

Super User

Post your code please.

Also, use the left hand menu Servers/Folders to navigate to the file, right click it. The properties will show the path so you know exactly what to use. 

Delete File Properties.png
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation