Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Learning SAS? Here's some data for learning.

Community Manager

Learning SAS? Here's some data for learning.

Some of you newer visitors to the SAS Analytics U Community may not realize we keep a nice stash of open data sources in here that's perfect for anyone learning SAS. It's in a community library article under the Analytics U label titled "Need data for teaching or learning? Get it here!" As I run across new data sets, I add them to this article. The latest, from my SAS colleague @garrettputman, is summarized below:

Data USA

Compiled by Deloitte, this is a massive collection of US stats and data sources that, according to the site, "tells millions of stories about America. Through advanced data analytics and visualization, it tells stories about: places in America—towns, cities and states; occupations, from teachers to welders to web developers; industries--where they are thriving, where they are declining and their interconnectedness to each other; and education and skills, from where is the best place to live if you’re a computer science major to the key skills needed to be an accountant."

Don't get lost in the cool stats and forget to peruse the site's many data sets.

Happy learning!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 in conversation