Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

LOCKDOWN & INITSTMT in SAS UE

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

LOCKDOWN & INITSTMT in SAS UE

Hi,

I'm using SAS University Edition. Wanted to know if I can use the LOCKDOWN System Option & subsequenty enable the following options in the FILENAME statement, using INITSTMT.

EMAIL SOCKET TCPIP URL HTTP FTP HADOOP

I tried editing the Autoexec.sas file to achieve the above, but was unable to make any headway. Questions, therefore, are :

1. Can/Do these work in SAS UE? If so, can you please explain the same with the *exact* statement(s)?

2. Even if not, can someone [nonetheless] still share the *exact* statement?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-06-2015 11:48 PM
Community Manager

Re: LOCKDOWN & INITSTMT in SAS UE

LOCKDOWN is a config-level option (as is INITSTMT), and you cannot fiddle with either one in the AUTOEXEC.sas file or in open code.  You can't adjust the SAS University Edition behavior for these.

However, PROC HTTP works in UE (but not with HTTPS, as the encryption piece for SSL is not included). 

Chris

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎12-06-2015 11:48 PM
Community Manager

LOCKDOWN is a config-level option (as is INITSTMT), and you cannot fiddle with either one in the AUTOEXEC.sas file or in open code.  You can't adjust the SAS University Edition behavior for these.

However, PROC HTTP works in UE (but not with HTTPS, as the encryption piece for SSL is not included). 

Chris

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to ChrisHemedinger

Thanks Chris. Just persisting a bit, can you still share the exact syntax of how to use the LOCKDOWN sytem option along with the subsequent INITSTMT?

Community Manager

Here's an example of the LOCKDOWN option/statement and some background on how you might use it.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation