Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Issues with Google Chrome v. 55 and SAS Studio (including SAS University Edition)

SAS Super FREQ

Issues with Google Chrome v. 55 and SAS Studio (including SAS University Edition)

In the most recent major version of Google Chrome, v. 55, there is an issue with some interface features of SAS Studio (including SAS Studio in SAS University Edition).

One example:

1.Go to Libaries and open one data set
2.On the table viewer, select one column and right click to see the menu
3.The menu will appear for one second and then disappear

SAS in looking into how to address this.

Randy

Super User
Super User

Re: Issues with Google Chrome v. 55 and SAS Studio (including SAS University Edition)

I cannot recreate this issue using SAS Studio 3.4 or SAS Studio 3.5 using Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Issues with Google Chrome v. 55 and SAS Studio (including SAS University Edition)

Hi, @Tom. It could depend on the minor version, too. We've definitely recreated it here at SAS. But if it doesn't affect you, we'll just be happy for that! :-)

Randy

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RandyMullis  I  tried updating  the  SAS University Edition  to  the Newly released version this Month  (Feb 2017 ) as given here :  https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/release_notes.htm

February 2017

• Updated the version of SAS University Edition on Amazon Web Services Marketplace to include SAS Studio 3.6, the fourth maintenance release for SAS 9.4, Jupyter Notebook, and the SAS Kernel for Jupyter Notebook.
  • Fixed issues that were introduced with the release of Google Chrome 55.
  • Improved the performance of SAS Studio with Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.
  • Fixed links to SAS Studio help documents.

On the SAS  Information  Center Page i see the  below  Message  but when i try to click  Update it Fails . I tried  Several times but to  no effect .  I even  reinstalled the SAS University Edition vapp  but  this too did not make any difference. 

The download completed successfully. To apply the updates now, click Update. See details about the updates.

Any  ideas as to how to overcome this Issue?  Thanks.

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @pchegoor and others on this thread. Please know that we are aware of issues with updating. This will be addressed in an upcoming release.

For now, I would stop your virtual machine, remove it from VirtualBox console, and then import the newest OVA file (available here). When you remove the old virtual machine, go ahead and select the option to delete the files, too. Re-create your Shared Folders and you should be good to good.

I apologize for your inconvenience!

Randy

Occasional Contributor

Hi Randy,

Would you know if there are updates from SAS for the fixes in Google Chrome? Have encountered an issue with Chrome as well.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/SAS-Studio-3-6-Auto-signed-out-then-aut...

Thanks!
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation