Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Issues importing .csv file and saving it as a file that SAS can read

Frequent Learner

Issues importing .csv file and saving it as a file that SAS can read

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am an absolute beginner regarding SAS U edition, and after reading all the documetation and watching all their DIY videos, following step by step instructions, I can say that I am still not able to import a single small .csv file, create a dataset that in fact works and being able to work with it. 

I know it must be a simple operation to perform, but I am getting confused with SAS's videos that just don't take me anywhere. 

This has been everything I have tried, and failed miserably. 

After finding the .csv file on my shared folder and click on it, i get this info (besides the code) 

SAS server:
localhost
Data set name:
Height
Library:
WORK

I get this info:

PROC SQL;
CREATE TABLE WORK.query AS
SELECT Height , Sport FROM WORK.HEIGHT;
RUN;
QUIT;

PROC DATASETS NOLIST NODETAILS;
CONTENTS DATA=WORK.query OUT=WORK.details;
RUN;

PROC PRINT DATA=WORK.details;
RUN;

And when I think I will be able to save it as a SAS file get the same error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of null

I have tried everything in this SAS video, and it didn't work for me and I have tried 20000000 versions of it, and couldn't make it work. I am desperate beyond belief...

Can anyone please help me! I will be forever thankful!

sas_sux1.pngsas_sux2.pngsas_sux3.pngsas_sux4.pngsas_sux5.png
Super User

Re: Issues importing .csv file and saving it as a file that SAS can read

If you can't figure out something then I recommend using one of the tasks instead of coding. It will show you the code you need.

Have you set up your shared folder as in the instructions? If so, place the file there and then go to Tasks>Utilities and Import Data. Then click Select Data and navigate to the file. 

Once you've completed that step the data will be in your work library to be used in SQL or other tasks. 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation