Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Is it possible to upload a SAS program to SAS on Demand / SAS Studio?

Contributor

Is it possible to upload a SAS program to SAS on Demand / SAS Studio?

I'm going to be teaching a SAS class this summer using SAS on Demand for academics.  Is there a way for me to upload SAS programs from my computer to the SOD server?  Also, what is a good way to share SAS programs with my students?

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Is it possible to upload a SAS program to SAS on Demand / SAS Studio?

Hi:

The SAS Control center shows you how to upload data files. As for your program files, they are just ASCII text files. You could email the program code to the students. They can open the files with any text editor and then copy and paste the code into their Editor for the OnDemand server-- either the EG Editor or the SAS Studio editor. For example, when I am using SAS Studio and the SODA server with the Macintosh, I have my programs in the Documents folder. I can open them with TextEdit and then Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C and then switch over to my Studio Editor window and do a Ctrl+V. I can also upload the .SAS programs from my local machine to the SODA server to the my_content folder.

Or, an instructor can upload programs to the class directory. I believe that you will have to follow the control center instructions in this PDF file so you http://support.sas.com/ondemand/manuals/UploadingData.pdf and will also have to check the control center for your class to get the name of your class directory, so you can upload the files. Usually instructors are uploading data, but you should be able to upload .SAS programs.

cynthia

Contributor

Re: Is it possible to upload a SAS program to SAS on Demand / SAS Studio?

Thank you, Cynthia

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation