Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Installing SAS University Edition

New Contributor

Installing SAS University Edition

I'm trying to install SAS University edition in my notebook. I tried to use VMware player and Oracle Virtual Box, and both didn't work. VT-x is enabled in my notebook and I tried the last tips but I couldn't make this work. Has someone the same problem?

Thank you.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Installing SAS University Edition

What sort of symptoms or results are you seeing, Emersoares?  Did you download complete (approximately 1.7GB) images for each of the two hypervisors you mention?

Randy

New Contributor

Re: Installing SAS University Edition

Randy, I'll post below the messages that the programs showed me. I think that I did the download correct, there was no problem in the process.

Oracle Error:

Falha ao abrir uma sessão para a máquina virtual SAS-University-Edition.

VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes. (VERR_VMX_MSR_ALL_VMXON_DISABLED).

Código de Resultado: E_FAIL (0x80004005)

Componente: ConsoleWrap

Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

VMware error:

Binary translation is incompatible with long mode on this platform. Long mode will be disabled in this virtual environment and applications requiring long mode will not function properly as a result. See http://vmware.com/info?id=152 for more details.

This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems. However, 64-bit operation is not possible.

This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.

Intel VT-x might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation