Learning SAS? Welcome to the exclusive online community for all SAS learners.

Installation of SAS University Edition

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Installation of SAS University Edition

Hello all, this is my first post here.

I successfully installed SAS UE on my desktop machine. It has an I5 processor with 8mb running Win 10 64bits. It is an absolutley wonderful learning tool... especially for reentry folks like me.

However, I am trying to install SAS UE on my laptop which is an older Toshiba duo processesed 4mb machine also running Win 10 64 bit.

When I installed on the desktop, it chose 64bit Redhat for the OS.

When I installed on the laptop it gives me only 32bit choices and fails with the following message:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine SAS-University-Edition.

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code:E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:ConsoleWrap
Interface:IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Can I download the 64bit version for the laptop or is it too old, underpowered or some other problem.

It just would be nice to be able to use the SAS UE in the Living Room as well as the office.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-06-2015 04:16 PM
Occasional Contributor

Re: Installation of SAS University Edition

Rebooted to bios and it does not allow for enabling virtualization. It is a 64bit machine and it is a 64bit version of win 10. I guess the machine is older than I thought...

alex

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Search the error code on there, there's a note that refers to possible workarounds.
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, Alex. If your laptop is a 32-bit machine, then you are out of luck. 

If, on the other hand, you have a 64-bit OS but you are getting that error, then it is likely that your BIOS does not have virtualization enabled. If that's the case, then it would just be a matter of rebooting, entering the BIOS options at boot time, finding the menu item for virtualization, and enabling it.

Please check to see if your version of Windows on your older machine is 32 or 64 bits, and then report back here if you need additional help.

Thank you!

Randy

Solution
‎10-06-2015 04:16 PM
Occasional Contributor

Rebooted to bios and it does not allow for enabling virtualization. It is a 64bit machine and it is a 64bit version of win 10. I guess the machine is older than I thought...

alex

New User

I got windows 7 32-bit, what procedure I have to follow to fix this problem?

SAS Super FREQ

Hi, @Anukriti. I'm sorry but if you have a 32-bit version of Windows, the SAS University Edition virtual machine is not supported. Depending on your circumstance, you may be able to use SAS OnDemand for Academics (that is, SAS Studio as an independent learner) or use SAS University Edition on Amazon

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation